Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
antinikhil

Help , Got my First Laptop

[ Edited ]

Hello Sorry for being NOVICE . i got my first laptop today from karket . got the lenovo s10-3t  in India

Serial Number - xxxxxxxxxxx

i have never used a laptop before in my life . i have just taken it out of the box . dont even know how to ON it .

what i am interested is that my manufacturing date printed on box is 25th april 2010 . i want to update all drivers ( audio / lan / windows OS ) everything before using .)

How do i do that ? i have a cable internet ( lan rj45 attached to my desktop computer ) . i can attach that wire to my laptop and have internet going . But only if i find how to ON it . and then how do i update the internal software and everything to make it BUG-FREE

Any Help Appreciated . Please be aware i dont know anything about IT and jargons , so simple language !

ALl i want it to make my laptop error free or bug - free so that it doesnt freeze or hang or give heating or battery problems and runs smoothly with good audio

buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 139
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 118

Re: Help , Got my First Laptop

Read the manual you get with your system

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,U410,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Horizon

●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo
Blue Screen Again
antinikhil

what is the significance of veriface and veritouch software . are they really that important . MANUAL doesnt tell me exactly about them . should i uninstall them ? i dont want to put my face as  password

one imp question how do i start webcam just to see my pics and take some pics . in C:/PROGRAM FILES/VINCROM the folder is empty !

IPnaSh
Kudos: 369
Solutions: 125

antinikhil wrote:

what is the significance of veriface and veritouch software . are they really that important . MANUAL doesnt tell me exactly about them . should i uninstall them ? i dont want to put my face as  password

one imp question how do i start webcam just to see my pics and take some pics . in C:/PROGRAM FILES/VINCROM the folder is empty !

Veriface is a software who recognice faces. You can associate a face to a Windows users. This is helpfull if you want to start session puttin your face in front of your laptop.

You can start the webcam using the Fn + key assined combination.

Read the manual.

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
Blue Screen Again
antinikhil

well in manual it says Fn + esc to turn on camera . but when i click it nothing appears on screen . i want to see my face on webcam and take pictures . how do i do that ?
KalvinKlein

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

use Lenovo Easy Capture ...here in  to knowledge Base

sincerely KalvinKlein

antinikhil

hi

thanks for the help !

just few things

1) which camera driver to install - chicony or bison

2) mine was with 250 GB HDD . my C drive has 187 Gb , D drive has 30 GB . thats 217 GB . in fdisk i see some hidden drive with 15Gb and one with 200 MB . how do i get those spaces . i dont want any rescue disks or back ups !!!

3) how to format the entire HDD to make 2 partitions of 120 MB each and install windows ultimate or home 7 !

KalvinKlein

Hi,

there is no need to install a cam driver... its included in the installed os..

use this in windows partitionwizard or partition-tool ...

sincerely KalvinKlein