Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
etonmusikero

How can I install Windows XP on my Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2 with all partitions deleted?

[ Edited ]

Lenovo Masters:

Good day to you all.

I would like to ask how can I install WinXP in my S10 (no DVD drive)?  First, I want to share that I committed the mistake of using it without any anti-virus software installed.  As a result, it bugged down.  Now in my attempt to reformat it and make it as fresh as day one, I followed the steps on how to make a bootable USB drive.  I was not aware that this unit is only compatible with WinXP (I tried to upgrade to Win7).  And in the process, I deleted both partitions of the HDD.. Now I'm receiving the message "windows was not able to detect a hard drive.. blah.. blah.." dead end for me..

Can anyone grant me his/her generosity and enlighten me on what to do? Badly need help.. Thanks! 

Blue Screen Again
etonmusikero

Re: How to install Windows XP on my Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2 with all partitions deleted?

And may I add.. should the only solution be ordering a recovery disc(s), how can I process the purchase and where? Thanks again masters..

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: How can I install Windows XP on my Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2 with all partitions deleted?

you should format the partitions, i think, you haven't done it so, windows can't detect any harddisk installed or your harddisk is dead.

try to format the disk by using windows installation ( usb ) and try to install again.

also, check if you see your hdd under bios ( press f2 to load bios, then check bios order )

ordering recovery discs won't help you due to you don't have any dvd-rom. i suggest you to call lenovo support line and ship your laptop back to service to reset your harddisk to its default.
( lenovo may charge you )

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
KalvinKlein

Re: How can I install Windows XP on my Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2 with all partitions deleted?

Hi and welcome,

could be that you miss to include Sata driver (and  Service Pack 3)  on your install  USB drive , further info about clean install take a look  here in our  Knowledgebase ...

regards KalvinKlein