Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
sjpiv44

I have a S10e now with reformatted but now NTFS. I have been told that I can upgrade to Win 7.

I have updated BIOS from AHCI to Compatible.  I have Windows 7 Home on a bootable flash drive.  When I boot, it boots fine, but after starting, it is looking for a NTFS formatted drive and needs more than 3.8G.  

Can anyone help? 

Any questions please ask,  I would like to get this ideapad running with Windows 7.

Thanks for your time in advance.\

Jack

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: I have a S10e now with reformatted but now NTFS. I have been told that I can upgrade to Win 7.

i'm not sure what you asking but if you want to check if your computer is ready to install windows 7, install windows 7 upgrade advisor.

http://windows.microsoft.com/upgradeadvisor

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
KalvinKlein

Re: I have a S10e now with reformatted but now NTFS. I have been told that I can upgrade to Win 7.

Hi and welcome,

be sure that your Ideapad S10e is updated to BIOS >96  , you can get it IdeaPad S9e,S10e,S10-4329 & 4333 :  Ideapad S10e Vs. a0    that support Win7.

For windows 7 its not necessary to set BIOS Configuration Sata mode AHCI to compatible ...

Windows 7 should recognize your sata drive ... seems that windows 7 found only your install flashdrive (3,7GB)..

that could be if you did not delete all partiitons ... you can prepare this before with i.e.  partitionwizard  ,

best is delete .. all partitions and create one active primary min 30 GB thats enough for windows 7 and a second part for your data... pics movies music document.....

sincerely KalvinKlein