Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
gmariep

IdeaPad S10

Hi, just a quick question. Placed my order for the IdeaPad S10 late on 8-19. The "estimated shipping" on the site then was in 2-3 weeks. Just checked my order status, and my estimated ship date isn't until 9-23! That's over 4 wks. School starts in a week, and while I wasn't expecting it to be there THAT soon, I would have liked it to get here before midterms. Any idea on when these are going to ship?
Punch Card

Re: IdeaPad S10

Too bad you didn't mention what company sold you this. Lenovo? Here's the official Lenovo announcement from Lenovo Announces S10

The bad news for you is

Pricing and Availability4
The IdeaPad S10 netbook PC will be available beginning in early October, and prices start at $399. The IdeaPad S10 netbook will be available through leading retailers, Lenovo business partners and www.lenovo.com.

By the way, the little superscript 4 from the original announcement says, in effect, of course all the stuff in this announcement can be changed.

What's DOS?
gmariep

Yes, Lenovo sold me this system. The IdeaPad S10's are on sale on their website, starting on 8-19. I know that's ahead of the release schedule, but I don't question Lenovo's own website.
Punch Card
grouch

My salesguy told me that the more accurate shipping date was the one that is shown on your order, not the one showing on the order page.  Makes sense, as once you place the order it enters the actual shipping queue.

Ordered a Ruby Red Ideapad S10 on 8-19 to join my HP iPAQ 211, 6257c, and dv9000