Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
bbc
Fanfold Paper
bbc

Ideapad S205 - display flickering

Just got S205 and see that display  has problem with flickering.

It is specially visible on grey, light-blue and similar colors.

It is not so long on sale, most sold in Germany. And i see at german forums that many people have same problem. Non solution.

- It is not RAM (tested with other, and changing places)

- It is not OS. (tested with Win7 and Knoppix boot  DVD - Linux, slightly less flickering, but still visible)

- It is not AMD drivers. Tested all posible. And all advices for Catalyst settings, non helped. (Linux has same problem !)

- It is not temperature.

I believe simply it is shipped with too cheap LCD display. 

So shame. I love perfomance and keyboard. Keyboard is one of the best i saw in netbooks.

And you can load many heavy apps and use it for a long time. And S205 is just slightly warm. You can´t believe that netbook is so cold. No high temperatures.

So, my question.

What to do ? If i return it back it is 80% chance they will just put same cheap LCD display ?

Some advices please ?

Have to say that this flickering is not just cosmetic problem. It has great impact at health.

If i use netbook for say 2-3 hours and turn my head away, i see waves. Almost as halucinacions. So it is potentially danger to people´s eyes and vision.

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Ideapad S205 - display flickering

hi bbc,

with regards to this, i would advice getting in contact with tech support via the number listed in the link below :

http://www.lenovo.com/contact/de/de/

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.