Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
purplegal

Re: Lenovo Ideapad S10

I'm a huge idiot.  I ordered the S10 thinking that it had a cd/dvd drive installed, and surprise surprise it does not.  Does anyone have any recommendations for quality, compatible external cd/dvd drive, and one that's not too expensive?  Thanks!
Paper Tape
ravic

What's DOS?
purplegal

it makes no sense that the site doesn't have an external cd/dvd drive as an accesory option when you order the s10.  i didn't realize this until now.  would that definitely be compatible?  or does the brand/manufacturer not mtter since it's external?
Paper Tape
ravic

Since it is a external usb burner brand does not matter.

Paper Tape
carmenper13

Where can I buy online the 2GB memory for the Lenovo S10? Could you please post the model number of the memory and the brand? I am very confused as I see lots of models and numbers in the online stores.THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Paper Tape
ravic

Serial Port
Cargojack

You are NOT an idiot!!!!   I was in CompUsa and saw a $60 USB CD-ROM/DVD drive.  You could probably find one online for the same price.  I actually got my S10 knowing there was no CD-ROM drive.  Who needs one if you have USB and USB-Flash drives?  They just add weight.  I am curious, why do you need one?  I do wish that Lenovo provided all the XP Home recovery programs on a USB drive, or had a program that we could download and run to turn a USB drive into a recovery drive.  That way, if you wanted to replace an HDD or if things got corrupt, you just set the BIOS to boot from USB, stick the stick in, and BOOM!!!  Everything gets restored like new!  I mean, you can still stick a floppy USB brive in to an S10 and create a bootable disk, why should you be able to make a bootable USB drive directly from the OS?
Paper Tape
carmenper13

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Serial Port
Cargojack

It is interesting to me that here in the USA, the S10 ships with 512 K of RAM and no Bluetooth. Yet, all our friends in South East Asia and India are getting a different configuration, with 1 full good and some other differences.  Does anyone know Lenovo's marketing reasons for that? 
Paper Tape
ravic

They do not want Ideapad series to compete with their lower end Thinkpads.