Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
telemeh

Re: Lenovo Ideapad S205 - the problem of netbooks under Windows XP Pro SP3

У меня спящий режим работает без проблем. The doze mode works for me without problems.
Blue Screen Again
sonics_ru

Имею три образа из Norton Ghost. Один Win 7 и два под Win XP (отличаются модой винчестера IDE или ACHI). Под Win7 все работает (это касается закрытия крышки и перевода в спящий или ждущий режимы), под XP при закрытии крышки виснет намертво (рабочий стол горит мышь двигается, а ни на что нажать не могу, на клавиатуру то же не реагирует). При нажатии кнопки спящий режим, все адекватно. BIOS переставлял дважды, результат одинаковый.

I have three images from Norton Ghost. One Win 7 and two under Win XP (differentmode of HDD IDE or ACHI). Under Win7 all works (this applies to close the lid andtransfer to hibernate or standby mode), under XP hangs when you close the lid tightly(desktop lit mouse moves, but no matter what I can not press on the keyboard does notreact the same). Pressing the sleep mode, all adequately. BIOS rearranged twice,same result.

Punch Card
telemeh

Затрудняюсь что предположить. I find it difficult what to assume.

Blue Screen Again
sonics_ru

После выхода нового BIOS от 17.08.2011 все нормализовалось. Ипри закрытии крышки и при нажатии кнопок. Видимо не все железо одинаковое.

After the release of the new BIOS from 17.08.2011 all normal. Engineers close the lidand pressing buttons. Apparently not all the same hardware.

Paper Tape
mhea09

thank your for this..it helps..

Paper Tape
Ahatina

[ Edited ]

Мне, к сожалению, обновление биоса не помогло. Всё равно при закрытии крышки ноутбук зависает. Что делать?

To me, unfortunately, the update of bios did not help.  Аt closing of lid a notebook hangs up. What can I do?

Blue Screen Again
sonics_ru

Дрова на видео какие стоят? Если последние 71, то у меня то же на них не работало. Пришлось откатиться на IN2VDO61WW1. Там все работает.

Drivers in the video are using? If the last 71, I've got the same they did not work. I had torevert to IN2VDO61WW1. Everything is working.

What's DOS?
Petelking

Hi

I've got the same issue with my new s205 running windows xp, got latest bios but pc freezes few sconds after I close the lid, can somone mybe post a link for the old display driver?

Thanks

Blue Screen Again
sonics_ru

Here is the full name of ATI driver assembly IN2VDO61WW1.exe google.

For example

http://www.driveridentifier.com/scan/driver_file_detail.php?inf_file_id=616780&md5=53234a809e38dc499...

Paper Tape
torfteufel

[ Edited ]

afaik it has to do with the SMBus drivers which are included in that gfx driver packet.

does anyone know if i can get those smbus drivers without having an outdated grafics card driver?

ive stumbled upon this in a german forum post of someone who got the energy management to work properly once he installed the smbus drivers. unfortunately the post is more than 6month old so i probably wont get the guy to reply TT

edit: trying to install the smbus drivers of the 61 driver package without installing the display drivers proved unsuccessful. an error ocured withing the catalyst manager. seeing the smbus drivers installed with the currently available display drivers on the lenovo support page being outdated in comparison to the 61 driver package i can only encourage everyone having the stand by crash on closing the lid to install those grx drivers provided a few post above. installng those will lead to having a more recent smbus driver as well and those fix the stand by issue.

ps: you lenovo guys might want to exchange the grafics driver package provided on your support page with those who actually make this netbook work properly :smileywink:

have nice day

tl/dr: you have the ideapad s205 with the computer freezing on closing the lid (stand by) go install the 61 gfx drivers mentioned a few posts above. it will fix the issue (more up to date smbus drivers incuded)