Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
t00farg0ne

Novice question on installing new SSD [S205]

Hi

I've got an S205 and I'm looking to fit a new SSD to improve the speed a bit.

I know how to remove the drive physically and fit the new one and all my files are backed up, so i don't need to worry there. My question is, what do i need to do to get the windows installation transferred?

I want to do a clean install of Windows 7 but just wondering if there was a guide to get transferred over. I have the serial number on the botoom of the unit but where do i get the software. Do i create a bootable usb flash drive? Do i use the recovery partition to create this?

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Novice question on installing new SSD [S205]

Hello t00farg0ne

As I understand you want to reinstall the  Windows on SSD to have the better performance.

Kindly refer to the mentioned below web link and follow the steps.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/in/en/HintsandTips/hints_show_12870415982811.html

You can use the USB drive to install the Windows 7, please check the below web link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/installing-windows-7-on-a-netbook

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
t00farg0ne

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I'm still unsure as to how i can get the OS from my current installed HDD, onto the new SSD. I can't seem to find an option to use the OS recovery partition to create a bootable USB.

If this is not possible, is it possible to legally download an image of windows 7 HP, create a bootable usb and then use the serial on the bottom of the s205?

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Hi t00farg0ne,

The recovery disc can be  created on disc. If you can arrange the external optical drive and create the disc and use it.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!