Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
slim142

Re: Overclocking S12

[ Edited ]

Wanted to be brief about it, but since my lack of details lead to a longer discussion, I didnt want to leave things unclear.

A tip -> never underestimate :smileywink: even worse on the internet. I might not have your type of degree, but that doesnt stop me from reading, learning, researching and applying :smileywink:

HDMI
Scorpion0x17

True enough.

And sorry, I think I may have been in a bit of a grumpy mood when I wrote that last post.

Really must remember not to post to, or even read, internet forums when I'm feeling grumpy...

Scott
Punch Card
slim142

Dont worry, no bad feelings :smileywink:

Lets move on, Im getting tired of posting (somewhat) off-topic info in this thread haha

Paper Tape
pioneer06128

oc tuner dont work on my lenovo s12,it is the ion version!

work the oc tuner under windows 7 or only on xp?

i have windows 7!

sorry for my bad (american)english i am from germany!!!

Paper Tape
Jack_Sparrow

[ Edited ]

Hi pioneer06128, 

da du aus Germany kommst schreib ich mal auf deutsch, 

du mußt dir  die ion.ini.file in die installationsfile des OC Tuners kopieren,das heißt: 

Computer > C: > Programme > ASRock Utility > OC Tuner > in dieses Verzeichniss die kopierte ion.ini.file einfügen > jetzt auf ASROC (eine Seite mit Rädchen oder das 2.nach der Anwendung) > dort jetzt unter SupportModel "moutcook=ion.ini" eintragen und speichern,sollte das speichern nicht klappen meld dich nochmal,ansonsten solltest du jetzt übertakten können.

translation:
obviously you came from german, i will answer in german,

copy ion.file file in installfolder of OC tuner, that means:
computer >c: >programs > asrock utility > oc tuner > insert file named ion.ini in this folder >
 now at asroc (page with wheel or 2. th application)  write now at SupportModel "moutcook=ion.ini" and save...
if that doesnt work ... ask me again..

Edit by mod : English Please :smileyhappy: 

Paper Tape
pioneer06128

[ Edited ]

dann kommt eine fehlermeldung:

this utility is not for this platform!

ich gehe davon aus das ich das selbe netbook wir ihr habe ich hab ein lenovo moutcook motherboard

hab ich nachgeguckt das weis ich und einen intel atom n270 mit nvidia ion und windows 7 home premium

gibt es bei mir vieleicht einen unterschied also das etwas an meinen system anders ist als bei euch muss ich irgendwas deaktivieren?

Edit by mod : English Please :smileyhappy:  Ok

Again  Translation

Ive got an Error message with this

this utility is not for this platform!

Think i have the same netbook as you, an lenovo moutcook motherboard, i know that i use an Intel Atom N270 with Nvidia Ion , installed Windos 7 Home Premium . could it be a difference with my system than yours or should i deactivate something

Paper Tape
Jack_Sparrow

[ Edited ]

Sorry,i must answer in English.

No,your system is the same how my and many others.The message "this utility is not for this platform" is normaly for the ion.

You must make step by step what i have write  yesterday.

When you conversation with me in German go here.

http://forum.eeepcnews.de/viewforum.php?f=48

Paper Tape
pioneer06128

[ Edited ]

i have do this step by step !!!

i strat oc tuner and:this utility is not for this platform

can you send me a picture how you make this?

my email:xxxxxxx@xxxxxx

Edit by mod to prevent spam please no e-mail adress to public why you dont use PM ?

Paper Tape
Jack_Sparrow

@ pioneer 06128,

go to this side http://forum.eeepcnews.de/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=9141&p=72807#p72807 and there we can talk in German or make it with this orders,because overclock the s12 ion goes only with this version of Asrocktool.

Paper Tape
Fynn

Hey guys!

I was trying this out, too but somehow it won't work for me. I did everything as told, including putting the ion.ini file into the ASRock Utility folder and editing the AsRock file. But there's some strange thing happening: The OCTuner Tool is running well but it just doesn't overclock my CPU - no matter what.

1. My system is running at 1,6 GHz.

2. I run the AsRock and put the frequncy at any rate (e.g. 167) (multiplier x12) and click the 'Go'-Button

3. My System is still running at 1,6 GHz

Since it didn't work I tried to re-download, re-install, re-whatever the Tool and the ion.ini again and again, but still the same old thing.

First I thought the program just doesn't work for some reason. So I set the multiplier down, wanting to proof me right, but my CPU went down. So, manipulating the multiplier does work, while manipulating the frequency doesn't. What's that about?

Does anyone understand what's going on there and would try to help me with this?

(If my english is too bad to understand what I'm asking for, please tell me and I would give it a second try :smileywink: )

Greetings!