Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
kevhyt

Reinstall to English

I have a S10 and had chose Traditional Chinese on the initial install but now I want to change it back to English completely.  Even thought I have changed all the language setting to English (US), it does not change any of the menu or any system messages to English.  Anyone know how I can reinstall the whole systems back to English?

802.11n
fiesta

Re: Reinstall to English

If it's Windows, the only way is to reinstall windows from scratch and switch from the initial setup settings.
If you are operating a system that was preloaded to your S10, run One Key Recovery and restore from initial backup.
tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

If the laptop came with pre-installed Windows 7 Chinese edition then it cannot be change to English edition.

You can install Windows 7 English edition and remove pre-installed Windows 7 Chinese edition.

You can purchase the Windows 7 English Operating System disc from Microsoft or Microsoft Channel partner.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Community Moderator
yigit

usually systems come wıth two language option at start-up so you can chose. if there was a screen like that, re-installing the okr will offer you to choose the language at start-up.

otherwise, you will need to re-install the operation system and you don't need to buy dvd, you can download legal windows iso ( please, see the windows 7 board ) but clean windows installation may cause one key recover system stops.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com