Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
behyc

Re: S10-3s 2GB Memory Upgrade didnt work

[ Edited ]

wchen, have you tried kingston KTL-TP3BS/2G? From the Kingston website it seems that that's the only one which is compatible to the s10-3 Atom N475 (glossy lid). I have the same version but searching for this particular RAM from lots of stores but unavailable...:smileysad:

Punch Card
behyc

[ Edited ]

I was wondering if anyone could guide/tell me if the standard RAM comes with 1GB 1033MHz and if I'd like to upgrade to 1066MHz will it work? Specifically for s10-3 Atom N455 (glossy lid).

Just weird Lenovo would want to minimize the specs/ram that consumer could purchase from. Why wouldn't they just have normal RAM to be compatible? Is it due to the Bios? arrrggghhh...

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 137

Re: S10-3 / S10-3s 2GB Memory Upgrade didnt work

[ Edited ]

Hi behyc,

Understand that you are have the same issue, do you mind to share with me the info and i'll get someone to check it out ? It would help us to understand the situation better.

•  Machine Family (e.g. S10-3 or S10-3s)
  •  Machine Type Model (e.g. 0647-2AU)
  •  Serial Number (send private msg to me)
  •  Brand and spec of RAM that cannot work (e.g. DDR3 2GB 667Mhz (PC3-10600H) - Kingston.
  •  Brand and spec of RAM that can work
  •  What do you see/notice after plug in the new RAM? (e.g blank screen during boot up, but fan is running, LED has light, beep sound heard....etc)

Thank you!

Regards,

Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
wchen

hi behyc, i am not sure what kind of memory is Kingston, KTL-TP3BS/2G.

the stores never ask me any option with this kind of memory ... :smileyhappy:)

btw, did you get any explanation from lenovo support ?

where did you get that type of memory ... :smileyhappy:)

KalvinKlein

[ Edited ]

Cleo wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks to the moderator, KlavinKlein pointed this out.

According to your experience, it seems like it has RAM compatibility issue, and i would like to know more about the situation.

Do you mind to share your machine info? I'll try to get someone to look into it. You may list all the info requested below in the public but serial number.

• Machine Family (e.g. S10-3 or S10-3s)
  • Machine Type Model (e.g. 0647-2AU)
  • Serial Number (send private msg to me)
  • Brand and spec of RAM that cannot work (e.g. DDR3 2GB 667Mhz (PC3-10600H) - Kingston.
  • Brand and spec of RAM that can work
  • What do you see/notice after plug in the new RAM? (e.g blank screen during boot up, but fan is running, LED has light, beep sound heard....etc)

I'm sorry for asking for so much info but it will be very helpful for me when dealing with engineers.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Cleo

Hi ive got the information from german user keeperX .

This Module will runs perfect without any quirks ..

Computer : Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3s M34D4GE N475 1,83 GHz HD 1.280 x 720 Win7 Starter

Memory Module runs well

Model Type : Samsung 2gb 2Rx8 PC3-8500S-07-10-f2      M471B5673EH1-CF8

This Module produce failure if you try to install operating system ... at least not correct running ...  

Model Type: Kingston 2gb 1066 MHz  KVR1066D3S7/2G PC3-8500 

Hey all S10-3s User if u want a running system ... why not answer a question ... ?

sincerely KalvinKlein

Angry_Midget

Need help updating RAM on S10-3 (0647-35U)

My first attempt at upgrading from 1 to 2 GB was a fail. :smileysad: I upgraded from Windows Starter to Windows 7 Pro, and wanted to max out the RAM. My processor is the N455.

Using the LTT, I found my original RAM to be:

DDR3-SDRAM (1333 MHz)

Samsung

Memory part number: M471B2873FHS-CH9

Memory serial number: 780E746F

Data sheet: http://tinyurl.com/2carect

I went with the Patriot 2GB at NewEgg found here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220424

Unfortunately, my system wouldn't boot up. Did I make some blatently stupid choice with the model of memory? From what I've read here (long time lurker, first time caller), Patriot seems to work in the S10-3.

Any suggestion as to what might work? I don't know what NewEgg's restocking fee is, but I dont' want to do it too many times.

Thanks!

Fanfold Paper
linuxuser27

Re: S10-3 / S10-3s 2GB Memory Upgrade didnt work

[ Edited ]

Hi Cleo,

I am also experiencing this issue.  I have called tech support but am finding them quite painful to interact with.  I have the following machine specs:

• Machine Family :S10-3
  • Machine Type Model :064735U
  • Serial Number 
  • Brand RAM that cannot work: Patriot DDR3 10666 and 8500.  Kingston DDR3 KVR1333D3S9/2G
  • Brand and spec of RAM that can work: RAMAXEL RMT1950ED48E7W-1333 1GB
  • What do you see/notice after plug in the new RAM? Blank screen during boot up, fan is running, LED has light.  There is no beep nor any response when keys are hit.  I also started the machine up without RAM and the behavior is the same.  I also noticed something regarding the thickness of the RAM purchased versus what is in the system.  The purchased RAM seems to be slightly thinner than the RAM in the system, could it be a bad connection?
  •  

Aaron

Fanfold Paper
    linuxuser27

[ Edited ]

@tulisan: That is clearly not the issue. I have the same problem. DDR2 and DDR3 have completely different form factors. The DIMM would not even fit in the slot due to different form factors.

Cleo_Lenovo
    Topics: 79
    Kudos: 260
    Solutions: 137

Hi All,

Thanks for your cooperation to provide these info. These data can be a good source for the engineers to start off the investigation. Also, please remember to provide me the machine serial number and machine type model via private message.

behyc, wchen,

Can you share the same info with me? Since you're in Asean region, it would be easier for me get someone to contact you should the engineers need to check out your machines. Can you help me with that?

Thank you.

Regards,

Cleo

WW Social Media
    T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
    How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
    Fanfold Paper
    linuxuser27

Re: Need help updating RAM on S10-3 (0647-35U)

@Angry_Midget: Your story is basically the same as mine. I also used patriot at first. Did not work for me either. Send a message to Cleo_Lenovo with your machine model and serial number. The more people who do this the faster the issue is likely to be addressed :smileyhappy: