Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
IdeaPad-Josef
Accepted Solution

S10-3 WiFi Issues: Wireless function / antenna deactivated - unable to connect to a WiFi network

I recently bought an IdeaPad S10-5 / Type 0647 / OS Windows 7.

I can't connect to a wireless LAN at all. I even can't see any WiFi networks in my neighnourhood which I can see with my note books in use.

The driver for the Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter seems to be up-to date ((Driver version is 8.0.0.279).

I tried out various things such as deactivating and activating wireless network device / adapter, looking for latest driver version etc without success.

I enabled WiFi at the computer (setting the HW switch on) and <Fn F5> but if I go via the control panel (Systemsteuerung) and device manager I get the message AdapterLAN connection or Wireless function is deactivated

Lenovo ReadyComm tells me that the antenna of the wireless device was deactivated.

If I can't resolve this issues I fear I have to return this computer.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks and best regards.

KalvinKlein

Re: S10-3 WiFi Issues: Wireless function / antenna deactivated - unable to connect to a WiFi network

Hi and welcome,

de-install Readycomm.

sincerely KalvinKlein

IdeaPad-Josef

Re: S10-3 WiFi Issues: Wireless function / antenna deactivated - unable to connect to a WiFi network

KalvinKlein,

Thanks a lot. It works.

Best Regards, IdeaPad-Josef

Blue Screen Again
Bunneh

I have exactly the same problem. Windows 7 HP ran fine with WiFi for about two weeks now. Then I changed the RAM and all of a sudden I get the "antenna disabled" warning and cannot connect. On boot-up, the wifi LED lights up but during the Windows boot it gets disabled and stays off.

Windows network diagnostics tells me to enable my WiFi button. I installed Readycomm (which wasn't installed before) and it also says my hardware button is disabled.

Now, common sense dictates that I destroyed something while changing the RAM, but it really was a hassle-free operation. I had dissassembled the netbook completey a few days ago and it worked fine after that. Now I just changed the RAM, which took 3 minutes, and everything is perfect, except that I don't see any WiFi networks.

My Bluetooth is also gone, there's nothing in the device manager and no tray icon...

Any ideas?

Blue Screen Again
Bunneh

Update:

I solved this issue by:

- Installing QuickStart

- Repairing QS installation so it actually runs correctly

- Booting QS and pressing Fn+F5 to activate WiFi - This turned the WiFi light on permanently.

- Leaving QS and Cold-booting into Windows

I also reinstalled the WiFi driver and deinstalled ReadyComm some time along the way. I can now also use the HW switch normally without issues.

What's DOS?
dazhiruoyu

S10-3 can't connect to home wireless network

I bought a S10-3 recently, but it can't connect to my home wireless network.

My other two laptops can connect to the wireless network with no problem.

And S10-3 can connect to the school wi-fi network when I bring it to school.

I tried different security setup, but still can't resolve the problem. 

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks,

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: S10-3 can't connect to home wireless network

@ dazhiruoyu

as we already found the solution, un-install readycomm application.

ps: before posting new thread, please search the forum first.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Fanfold Paper
firefox111

Re: S10-3 can't connect to home wireless network

[ Edited ]

yigit wrote:

@ dazhiruoyu

as we already found the solution, un-install readycomm application.

ps: before posting new thread, please search the forum first.

I have the same problem.  I started having this problem after I installed the new bios (2ACN37WW).  Also,  before the reboot after flashing the new  bios, I installed the Lenovo System Management program (I already forgot the name because I un-installed it!).

I don't have the Readycomm!  What could be my problem???  Thanks in advance.