Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
antonis

S10-3T BIOS bug?

[ Edited ]

We have purchased four Lenovo S10-3T (product code ********, greek version) and all four have the same problem:

Out of the box and on first boot, two BIOS issues appear:

ERROR 271Check Date and Time setting

WARNING 251 System CMOS checksum bad - Default configuration used

When you hit F2 to setup, a password is required  - although no password has been set. A blank password doesn't work.

When you exit the setup (without entering the actual settings due to the password protection) , Windows first time setup continues with installation and creation of user account etc.

When I retry to enter BIOS Setup, the password prompt always appears.

Also have a look below at the screenshot.

Is it a BIOS bug which enables a supervisor password, or maybe a backup battery issue?

link to image

image(s) >50k converted to link(s) & serial number removed

Fanfold Paper
raggedrebel92

Re: S10-3T BIOS bug?

The Time one usually is the cmos battery being dead, or your time not correctly set in bios.

The bios password is exactly that, a password from changing bios information. Did you buy new or used? If used then contact the seller for the password. If new, contact lenovo about the issue and have them tell you the secret to clearing CMOS passwords. 

Community Moderator
yigit

as raggedrebel92 suggested, contact lenovo support line.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Ctrl-Alt-Del
antonis

Thanks  raggedrebel92 for your reply. They were bought brand new in factory sealed boxes. Is it possible the battery to be dead before being used at all?

The BIOS is Phoenix Securecode, so if anyone from Lenovo on the board could PM/email privately any solution it would be appreciated.

Community Moderator
yigit

[ Edited ]

i'll bring this issue to the lenovo staff, it may take couple of days to respond.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Ctrl-Alt-Del
antonis

Thanks a lot yigit! I will wait for more information as local support call centre is currently closed.
Retired Employee
JameZ

@antonis,

Kindly contact your local call center at 80096412. If you are facing issues with the call center person or they are unable to assist you, do drop me a PM.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Ctrl-Alt-Del
antonis

Hi @JameZ, thanks for your reply.

I got in touch with local Call Centre and their advise was to use OneButtonRestore, which changed nothing on the BIOS as expected.
On a second call to them , they told me they need a week or so to investigate and come back with a solution, without even asking to see the device. Pretty frustrating, since if they just told me the override Supervisor Password the problem would be solved probably.

@JameZ: I have sent you a PM to check if there are more effective ways to handle this fault.
Retired Employee
JameZ

@antonis,

Yup, got your PM, will drop you a PM to escalate this.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Fanfold Paper
naskorb

Hi everyone!

Did you solve the problem with the bios pass?

I have the same problem. JameZ and antonis can you suggest me how to solve it.

Thanks in advance!!!!!