Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
Babycatcher
Accepted Solution

S10-3T...a few issues?

Okay, 1st & foremost...I love my baby. I've only had it for a couple of months, but it works great for my work apps/needs & is small enough to fit in my lovely DB bag(what can I say...I'm a girl), so I can carry it all day long. My 4 cell battery lasts long enough for my needs & I have had no real issues with slowness.

BUT! For some reason, quite frequently, the speed of my typing doesn't seem to match up with the processer...and I'm not a fast typist, I'm a 2 finger @ best. What happens is that my typing seems to freeze up, then all of a sudden, words will appear that are totally mispelled or the same few words will be written twice. What's up with that? Any thoughts as to the cause?

Next...twice now the touch screen has not worked upon startup, but is fine with a restart. Ideas?

Lastly, I'm wondering about the possibility of trading out my internal hard drive for a superfast/supersized 1tb one. Has anyone done this? If so, which type did you use & how easy was the switch? Finally, what do I need to backup b4 making the switch?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: S10-3T...a few issues?

[ Edited ]

happens is that my typing seems to freeze up, then all of a sudden, words will appear that are totally mispelled or the same few words will be written twice

on facebook or similar webpages?or just after you start up your computer?having the same issue while typing in notepad or word?

have you tried to type on "balanced mode" or "high performance"

edit:typo

http://www.ki-themes.com
Fanfold Paper
Babycatcher

[ Edited ]

It's with anything...emails/FB/work/here/etc...but it's totally random. Everything is going fine, then BAM, my typing is screwed up...:'(

ETA: I have not tried that...where do I go for 'balanced' or 'high' performance?

Community Moderator
yigit

also, check windows update is activated.

when it installs lots of updates, it effects performance.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/6181/93442737.png 

Blue Screen Again
Inst

Issue is GuardedID... it's part of the default Lenovo install. It intercepts incoming keystrokes then encrypts them in order to thwart keyloggers. I uninstalled it because under my current multitasking load it made my system unusable.

I suggest you research removing Lenovo's secondary security features, such as McAfee, as well as researching more light-weight security programs. I am currently using Avira for anti-virus, but I do not have a non-Windows firewall installed.

Blue Screen Again
Inst

With regard to GuardedID, the behavior is that if the system hangs for a moment, as it frequently does on netbooks, it has highly anomalous responses to buffered keystrokes. Normally, the buffered keystrokes would be entered into the last selected bar, but with GuardedID on it frequently kills the first few keystrokes and replaces them with the last few keystrokes.

If you're fine with not having your keystrokes encrypted to protect against keyloggers, as well as losing anti-virus support and firewall support, please go ahead and uninstall IDVault. If you do so, you should select replacement antivirus and firewall software first. Remember that low system footprint is a consideration given the low-performance character of your netbook.

Community Moderator
yigit

i also have similar issue with my s10-3, it's about performance.after a while i start to use computer, it fixes itself.

i don't think it'll work but feel free to try.

prevent gid application from starting up:

click start > click run > type "msconfig" > select "startup" tab > unchecked gid desktop application > press ok then reboot laptop.

or uninstall gid application from windows :
click start > click control panel > click add / remove programs > search for "gid" / "gid desktop application > select the item and select uninstall > reboot when un-installation is done.

Punch Card
rdamontz

here a solution from Jesse Andersen:

Slow typing response

Fanfold Paper
Babycatcher

@ yigit: I have my WU set for me to select & approve all attempted updates...I hate all the cr@p they try & put on computers...most of it is useless.
Fanfold Paper
Babycatcher

[ Edited ]

@ Inst: That is exactly it! You're my hero...:smileyvery-happy:

I'm okay with taking of the IDVault, I haven't even set it up & it slows my startup.Thanks so much!

Any ideas as to why my touchscreen has not worked twice on startup?