Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
momothemonster

S10-3t Dual-Touch Limitation?

[ Edited ]

I really wish companies would stop calling dual-touch machines Multi Touch. It's deceptive, and often very difficult to find out how many fingers a device supports at once. Why isn't this listed in the specifications, at least? I called in to Lenovo support and the support tech had no idea. After ten minutes, he was able to tell me that it would only take 1 finger. When I told him that it accepted at least two, he said "yeah, two". If your own support staff can't find the information, how is the general public supposed to know?

I bought the S10-3t on the assumption that it was a real multitouch machine. I bought it and upgraded to Windows Home Premium only to find out that it only supports two fingers at a time. Who makes the screen hardware? Is the limitation in the hardware or in the device driver?

Token Ring
tulisan

Re: S10-3t Dual-Touch Limitation?

it supports more than two. goto to mouse settings>synaptics, and enable the additional function there.

Blue Screen Again
momothemonster

To clarify, I am referring to the monitor. The display is supposedly 'Multi-Touch', but only accepts two fingers. So where is this limitation? Hardware or Software? Why doesn't Lenovo specify that when they say 'multi' they mean two?

Paper Tape
3flight

Same question here! I was going to write some cool multi-touch software on my new S10-3t just to find out it can only handle 2 simultaneous touch points! Windows 7 also states in Computer Properties that only 2 points are possible. What's the deal? This aint no multi-touch, dual touch at most, too bad. I would like an official to say a word on that. I also noticed there is no special touchscreen driver, so maybe we have to wait until a special driver comes out, because generic driver is limited or smth?