Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
bhamilton

Re: S10-3t , S103t Cracked Screen

Hi my screen is cracked. I just called for help.  It cost $80 just to send it in for diagnosis.  My screen is cracked, I just want to know how much it is going to cost to fix it.  I just purchased the machine in Aug.  Can anyone tell me, bottom line how much will it cost if the repair is not covered under the warranty.

What's DOS?
stevedrevik

Re: S10-3t , S103t Cracked Screen - Me, too!

I had this issue as well, my screen broke when I simply tried to (gently) close the lid!!!!     

Call me crazy, but I don't think a netbook less than 9 months old should snap when you close the cover.

Clearly it's a defect, and the customer service people won't recognize the problem.

My recommendation to those who are dealing with this issue and can't seem to talk sense into the customer service staff is to notify everyone you can social media, Amazon reviews, etc that Lenovo sells flimsy junk, doesn't stand behind the warranty,  and people should avoid Lenovo at all costs.  

Any reasonable business person would recognize that it's better in the long run to fix the problem, rather than having 100s of people switch brands and avoid your products because Lenovo is creating a perception of foisting flimsy products and won't even listen when a design defect is apparently the cause.

Paper Tape
gr8bear

Is it possible to purchase just digitiser panel for S10-3T?

Paper Tape
gr8bear

Did you managed to get info on purchasing just digitizer panel?

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

gr8bear,

The only parts that are available for customer purchase for the S10-3t are available on the www.lenovospareparts.com website - and the LCD with digitizer is sold as a complete unit.

All,

I've tried to explain in an earlier message, that generally support is going to view LCD cracks as damaged caused by the customer or the environment, especially after months of use in the field.   Accordingly, they are going to advise of the costs that would be incurred if this is evaluated and found to be damaged rather than defective.

However, if you didn't break the screen, and you experienced a spontaneous crack, especially early in the system life, I would encourage you to contact support and send it in for warranty repair.  If this is repaired under warranty, you will not be charged the $80 for shipping / evaluation.   You can escalate if you don't believe your case has been fairly considered.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
sajjadahmad16

[ Edited ]

Dear Mark

I have the same issue discussed by other. I just bought it from GITEX-Dubai last October 2010. When I contacted CompuMe (retailer), they said its not covered under warranty. They insisted that its a physical damage caused by mishandling which is not true. They have checked with dealer/service center here in UAE and they gave a repair price of 1200Dhs. My purchase price was 2049 Dhs. There were tablet PC available from other companies but I bought Lenovo based on your reputation. The screen cracked in just 2 months.

I tried to contact responsible person in uae but no reply. Its evident from all posts that its not an individual problem. Its a manufacturing/quality issue.

My serial # QBxxxxxxxx

your help in this regard is highly appreciated.

REGARDS

SAJJAD

Moderator Note; s/n edited for members own protection

Paper Tape
sajjadahmad16

Is some body taking care of this forum......????????????? nobody is answering Lenovo customer care and nobody is answering on this forum..........?????????????? why you people are doind survey about your website and customer care service......???????????? very poor service..... Nobody have addressed my previous post and emails to customer support. The contact number on the website is also wrong..... whats all this.......???????

Blue Screen Again
Frigeon

So just out of curiousity has anyone with this issue had it fully resolved, I have been trying to get this resolved with Lenovo since August of last year and still am having trouble getting this sorted out as originally I didn't have a physical address apparently to send a box for shipping the netbook back to Lenovo....I've now got a proper physical address, contacted Lenovo and was told I would recieve an e-mail which now hasn't appeared in over a month....so I'm assuming they got my e-mail wrong as the rep never verified it with me, this comes as no surprise....the netbook itself cracked within 2-months of purchase (I closed it one evening and opened it the next morning to find the screen cracked and the touch panel not working) and I've been not using it largely out of worry about making the cracks worse. With regards to some other posts in this thread it appears that again it is the touch panel that is cracked, not the LCD. Thanks much for any input.

Paper Tape
sajjadahmad16

Finally I managed to talked to Lenovo representative but it was such a  disappointing experiencing. They have one thing in their minds that LENOVO is the best company for computers on earth and screens or touch panel can't crack if not mishandled. They are not ready to listen that it can be because of manufacturing defect or low quality outer plastic casing which can't withhold the normal stress required to turn the screen ( a normal function for a tablet.).

They jumping to conclusion that its a mishandling by me without even looking the screen. Although I tried to explain that it just cracked in front of my eyes with a sound when I was turning and closing the lid, but as per their policy screen crack is always a physical damage and its always a mishandling. He also commented if few people are complaining about the same problem out of millions of pieces they sell then its not an issue. In my view a company like LENOVO should handled these issues differently. They should give importance to each complaint from customers.

Paper Tape

[ Edited ]

Just for lulz, It was 3 month old

The most funny thing is that I haven't hit it, just carried in my bag. However, the cracks' pattern doesn't allow me to proof that it was not my fault.

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules