Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
bittenbythebug

S10-3t Tablet My Best Buy ever !

[ Edited ]

Today I have my hands on the NEW Lenovo S10-Tt.  I think I'm the first user here in Manila, or so I would like to think.  I called the Lenovo Flagship store in Mall of Asia, Manila and their stocks are just coming in tomorrow and only for the S10-3 models and not the 3T.  So, I consider myself lucky indeed.

My unit is the Rainflower Pebble model with some strange specs.  Strange because it doesn't jive with any of the specs cited on sites after it's introduction at the CES show.  It has the Intel Atom N450 processor, and 1GB of memory, but my hdd is 250GB and battery is 4-cell.

KEYBOARD:

It's been with me for about 4 hours now.  I'm new to the windows 7 experience so its slowing me down on the installation side.  Keyboard is very comfortable - wide spaced chicklet keys and the white color really helps visually.  The design for function has been well thought of.  When closed, it looks different than other regular netbooks because it's wide and long which makes sense after you start pecking on the keyboard.  The spacious length gives you a comfortable keyboard and the narrow width keeps it small and portable, just enough to house the 10.1" widescreen.  There is a very large right shift key and arrow keys are properly placed. 

SCREEN:

At last, the capacitive screen is here for Lenovo!  Touch sensitivity is just good.  I'm not that excited yet with the response of the touchscreen since sometimes my first touch doesn't register properly.  I have to do a second or third jab to get the proper response, but this is for small icons.  Bigger icons respond smoothly.  I'm still thinking I need to configure some things I haven't figured out yet like the sensitivity, calibrations, etc.  The swivel mechanism feels sturdy and snaps to position.  The power button has a toggle switch beside it to lock and unlock so you won't accidentally press it when using it as a tablet which is just ingenious.  If not for that lock, I would have turned it off with my thumb while holding it tablet style.  (More to come for tablet function, my baby is just hours-old!)

I will post more as I explore this exciting product from Lenovo! 

My NEW!!! LENOVO S10-3T.  My Best Buy ever!!! Original header title

Edit by Moderator post header shortened a bit and pinned for a certain time  :smileyhappy: help other new user :smileyhappy: how about that ? :smileyhappy:

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 255
Solutions: 137

Re: My NEW!!! LENOVO S10-3T. My Best Buy ever!!!

Hi bittenbythebug,

Welcome to the Forum! 

Thanks for your sharing and appreciate if you could post some picture link of your new s10-3t :smileywink: I've seen and touched it for only once when it arrived in our office last month!

Cheers,

Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Serial Port
bittenbythebug

Yes, will do.  I've been excited with this for weeks and now that it's here, I just can't stop loving it.  Will surely get pictures tomorrow and post link.

Thanks for the warm welcome.  Cheers to Lenovo for a great product - portable, relevant (usability), and gorgeous in all aspects!

Serial Port
bittenbythebug

[ Edited ]

As requested, below are links to pictures of the LENOVO S10-3T I took while on the road this morning.

LENOVO S10-3T:  Rainflower Pebble design on cover

The paint finish is a high shine black with mettalic or mica shimmers with squarish bubbles design sporting the colors blue, green, matte silver, and shiny silver.  Recommended for the female techies.  The other design, Meteoric black as called here in our region (Philippines) is said to be plain black finish without the squares. 

Being shiny, dirt and prints are readily seen unlike the matte finish of the first S10.  The high gloss just complements the over-all look of the gadget however, I feel the squares were a bit too overwhelming that it looks a bit flowery from afar.  Actually a bit too girly for my taste but better than the plain black.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd298/bittenbythebug/Photo043.jpg

Serial Port
bittenbythebug

more pictures here:

front view

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd298/bittenbythebug/Photo034.jpg

palmrest with same square designs but incognito

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd298/bittenbythebug/Photo036.jpg

showing screen when used as tablet; very mirror-like when not in use.  well, serves as a giant powder compact!

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd298/bittenbythebug/Photo044.jpg

Fanfold Paper
tnatna

congrats on your new machine! how's the speed of the machine? and does it heat up much? thanks!

Serial Port
ELCamino

I picked up the 3t 3 days ago and so far for me it doesn't get hot at all. I have been using it on "Super Power Energy Saving" and also on "Balanced" and no heat. You get a very very light warm in the left side by the palm area top. I will try to measure the heat and post if anyone is intersted.

Fanfold Paper
tnatna

thanks. Pls do keep us posted about the battery life too! thanks!

Punch Card
kwilliUS

Hi.  I am new to these boards but have owned a Thinkpad for several years.  Actually, my first laptop was my Thinkpad Z60m.  One of my kids dropped it and broke my screen when it was about two years old so I purchased a Sony Vaio.   My husband ordered a new screen and has been using the Z60m ever since.  My Vaio screen is very pretty, but I have never liked the keyboard. 

Anyway, I am glad to hear you really love your S10 3t!  I ordered one today, and will hopefully receive it in about two weeks or so.  I have been hesitant because I'm used to a full size laptop.  I attend college and both the Z60m and the Vaio are very cumbersome.  My husband works in the computer education industry and has been trying to get me to switch to a netbook; apparently several instructors and IT personnel use them and are very satisfied (ie. they work just fine for the average person's computing needs--MS office apps., internet, etc.).  I gave in and am just hoping I made the right decision! LOL 

Bittenbythebug, and others, what do you all use your S10 3ts for?  I will be using mine for college, internet, etc.  I will have to watch Flash videos so hoping it will work well.  I absolutely love that I can download an e-book (many text books are being offered this way!)  Does the 3t allow for highlighting in the book reader mode, or just simple reading?

Serial Port
bittenbythebug

When using it on top a a table, palm rest warms a little bit on the left side where the fan vent is located. I don't have any issues with heat even when used on my lap. The only thing bothersome is when you use it on tablet mode. The initial screen orientation when you flip the screen to use as tablet is the view where the fan is on your left side. Since I am right-handed, I hold the unit with my left hand or cradle it on my left arm. With this position, the warmth is not comfortable because the warm air is blowing on your skin. My solution is to press the screen orientation button 2x to invert it and end up having the vent on the right side.

By the way, the lock key for the power button is very helpful when using the tablet mode where you accidentally press buttons while handling the unit. Also, the unit is not that quite. I can hear the gushing of air from the fan but not that annoying either. Just the right noise but still noise nonetheless. I only hear it when I'm working during the night when the world is still and quite without any background noise muffling the fan sound.