Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
bittenbythebug

Re: My NEW!!! LENOVO S10-3T. My Best Buy ever!!!

hi batteryfreak!

Welcome!  Welcome!  Another S10-3T user in Manila!

Our battery which comes with the unit sold here in the Philippines is the 4-cell and it cannot be compared to the 8-cell juice of other netbooks.  I also started hunting for the 8-cell here at Manila shops but stopped looking after a month.  I think your best bet will be to check international online shops and maybe have it shipped to you.  I did this last March but didn't get good results.  I haven't tried lately so you can check it out and let us know also.  Maybe you will be more lucky.

One suggestion, You can try using the lowest setting possible for usage of your battery like dimming your screen, etc.  I personally get 2 hours of use with my unit and it serves its purpose well so far.  Gaming is another matter though.

Update us batteryfreak.  We would love to hear from you.

Paper Tape
hymallik

Hi Folks!

I am from India and got very excited when found a review some where over the net on S-10 3t.

After reading this forum I could not resist my self from ordering one!!!!

Here in India the Specifications are :

Intel® Atom Processor N450
  (512K Cache, 1.66 GHz, 667 MHz FSB)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Basic 32bits
Bluetooth 2.1 / Camera 1.3M / 4-in-1 card reader / Meteoric Stone / 10.1 SD LED Glare & Multi-Touch

2G DDR2 (667MHz)
250G (9.5mm 5400rpm)
Intel® GMA 3150
BCM 4313 BGN

Black Hybrid 8 Cell
1 Year Parts & Labour
Face Recognition; One Key Rescue System; Lenovo ReadyComm

I will be getting one in a few days and post my experience here.

Thank you all here for let me make a decision to get one.

Paper Tape
hymallik

Hi!

What happened to this thread..?

Is it dead..?

Serial Port
bittenbythebug

hi hymallik!

i hope not!  i try very much to respond to posts as soon as i read it to help out.  anything we can help you out with? ask away!

Serial Port
bittenbythebug

hymallik!

by the way, were you able to get the S10-3T?  I know I responded to your previous post right after you posted it and I'm not sure why it didn't show.  Maybe because I was trying to post via my mobile phone.  Anyway, your variant there has the sought-after 8-cell battery and you're lucky.

if you eventually bought the unit, how was your expererience?  we would be happy to know!!!

Paper Tape
delmer

hi all,

just bought my s10-3t a few weeks ago. i noticed something. when i connect to a lan using a cable, the touch screen is affected such that one press of the screen produces 2 to 3 consecutive touches. my application thinks i am double-clicking the screen, when in fact, i one pressed it once. but when using a dongle or wifi, the touch screen is ok.

has anyone have this issue? or is it just mine?
Punch Card
paulppm

[ Edited ]

Did anybody mention in this thread that the sound on the 3T is horrible, I mean pathetic !!

Or is mine defective or different from the Windows 7 Premium versions you all have. Mine is the 1.66 GHZ version with Windows 7 Starter on it, though it now has Premium and 2 gigs of ram now.

Just want your thoughts on the sound.

Out.

Paper Tape
delmer

horrible in the sense that its not loud enough. mine is like that.

how is its performance with 2gigs of ram?

Fanfold Paper
Babycatcher

...and does anyone have any thoughts as to the N470 over the N450? What's the difference in the 20 whatevers for performance? There's quite a price difference in my neck of the woods!
Serial Port
bittenbythebug

Hi delmer,

Congratulations on your new purchase!  When surfing the net, I use wifi most of the time.  Sometimes I also use my LAN for internet cable and I didn't notice having this problem you stated.  When the LAN is used, my touchscreen worked just fine.  Are you using the Lenovo quickstart when you experienced this or were you using full Windows?  I asked because I noticed that sometimes during Lenovo Quickstart application, touchscreen seems to be less accurate.  There's delay in response and cursor location doesn't align to where I was actually pointing.

If you continue to experience this, maybe you can try removing then re-installing the LAN.  I problem persists, contact your Service center while it's still under warranty.

Good luck!