Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Chris_D

Re: [S10/S10e Fan Problems Collecting Info for Lenovo] S10 fan runs too fast, too often, too loud

Andrew,

I don`t really like the idea of cutting off the fan completely. The CPU sure doesn`t need any active cooling. Your HDD and especially the chipset do need it, otherwise sooner or later you will have a big problem.

Punch Card
AndrewDC

Re: [S10/S10e Fan Problems Collecting Info for Lenovo] S10 fan runs too fast, too often, too loud

i know, i know....

But maybe by this way lenovo can solve everything. Not by bios editioning.

KalvinKlein

@AndrewDC I ve downloaded and installed... No fan...

ive level up the test parameters 2 instances of orthos beta & 3 x Enless running Avi Videos to have a Video and Hardrive something to work with, runs all a 25 mins now and no fan temp is now at 74 C max...

case outside feels a bit warm but not hot especially on the left side

.its impressive but not a really solution

not all parts inside the case like hot temp at long time ....

i make a break here i love my lenovo S10e , but i dont want to kill him now...

AndrewDC

Now we can ask Mark for proper ACPI driver  :smileyhappy:

Fanfold Paper
Scann69

[ Edited ]

I've downloaded the beta BIOS and updated my S10 and honestly, it does not help at all.

I'm living in Malaysia and in the afternoon, my room tempreture is between 30 - 32 C. Just moving the mouse will have the tempreture of the CPU hit above 41C thus the fan will keep turning on and off.

It does not make sense to have the fan turn on at such a tempreture cos my room is already that hot.

Now it's at night and the room tempreture is still between 25 - 28C.....so yah....every key i press on the keyboard turns the fan on.  

Also, when i close the lid, the screen does not turn off. It's suppose to even if you set it to do nothing when the lid is closed.

Lenovo...get this fixed. It's freaking irritating. It sounds like the hair dryer is on and to think all this sound  is coming out of this little thing we call "Lenovo S10 Netbook"

I'm going back to the older BIOS (38) This is disappointing.

Message Edited by Scann69 on 02-27-2009 12:14 AM
Message Edited by Scann69 on 02-27-2009 12:17 AM
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

All,

Thanks for the public and private feedback.   Many thanks to all, especially Slash and AndrewDC for their measurements and detailed explanations of their observations.   This is being shared with engineering and we will continue to provide updates on this as available.

We are working to fix the link from the 38 to 56 file as reported earlier in the thread.  (I kept checking my original link and saw everything marked as 56 properly.  I know understand the problem is at the file level)

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
CEMA65

Andrew,

I have downloaded the new BIOS with little resolution.  I therefore decided to try your driver solution.  I updated the driver successfully, and rebooted twice disabling then enabling the new driver as you instructed.  However, now my fan is on constantly, admittedly at low-power but it's still on.  It doesn't cycle on and off like it did before.  Is this the way the fan is supposed to be now?  The laptop doesn't seem to be lagging as much as it did, but I don't know if I can tolerate this constant fan or if that's normal with the update.  In addition, the new driver still has the yellow alert triangle next to it.  I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks!

Fanfold Paper
lasica

[ Edited ]

We need small aplication to control this crazy fan :smileyhappy:

I love my lenovo but i dont like that fan sound: on... off  on.... off  on...off
When You finish drivers?
Thanks.

Message Edited by lasica on 02-27-2009 12:56 AM
Punch Card
AndrewDC

try to disable this device and reboot. After first, it will work, after second it wouldn't, third - will , fourth - wouldn't etc.

It's so complicated....

Paper Tape
elevar

after hibernation, the fan is permantly on. the temp is reported to be 81 deg, which is definately incorrect. this seems to be a problem independent from the erratic-issue.

[root@trabant ~]# cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/TZ00/temperature
temperature:             81 C