Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
dresslerc

Re: [S10/S10e Fan Problems Collecting Info for Lenovo] S10 fan runs too fast, too often, too loud

Yes I put out a test version today.  I have it done for the most part, just adding little UI tweaks to it.

I need to find a place to upload hte exe :smileyhappy: 

Punch Card
Loser

Re: [S10/S10e Fan Problems Collecting Info for Lenovo] S10 fan runs too fast, too often, too loud

dresslerc wrote:

Yes I put out a test version today.  I have it done for the most part, just adding little UI tweaks to it.

I need to find a place to upload hte exe :smileyhappy: 

I can barely wait. :smileyhappy:

Paper Tape
jerrylander

Hi guys!

Same little machine, same problem as everybody else (... although it doesn't really drive me nuts, I'd just like to have it fixed for the simple reason of "because" :smileywink:)

Anyway,

@dresslerc:

Will you make the source available? 

SCSI Port
Danmarc

@Carsten

THANK YOU!!!

@dresslerc

THANK YOU!!!

Punch Card
dresslerc

Yes it will be open source.  Not immediately but shortly after release so people can port to Linux/OSx.
SCSI Port
Danmarc

[ Edited ]

NHC works great. It is exactly the temperature interval that was most annoying for me: 52 to 48 (on NHC)

On NHC ACPI Control options, it is also a "CPU Temperature" small window with the values 10 degrees lower. It is identical with the one ofered by CoreTemp.

Also, is the possibility to "Enable". How should it be: Enabled or not?

And what about "Quiet fan control"? It should be 0 or 1?

Message Edited by Danmarc on 04-12-2009 08:45 PM
Serial Port
Carsten

@Danmarc

I would leave everything as is by default. Remember that I just adapted an existing profile for Lenovo N500 which has many more options than we need for the S10(e). The Quiet Fan Control does not work, I've left it at 0. The CPU temperature is enabled on my system. I've just made it work, there are no optimizations because I don't really have a plan of C# (enough to change existing source code, but I cannot create new). The only thing that should be changed there is the OFF threshold.

@dresslerc

By the way, which language did you use to create your program?

Carsten

SCSI Port
Danmarc

Thank you!
Punch Card
dresslerc

Here is a teaser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PKl70ZgmFg

Will release shortly.  I have one problem that I need to fix before release.

Cheers! 

Punch Card
dresslerc

Using VB.NET 2008.