Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
mgolda

Re: [S10/S10e Fan Problems Collecting Info for Lenovo] S10 fan runs too fast, too often, too loud

Hi Mark,

I bought my S10 in July and love it to no end, BUT - the other day while I was using it, the fan began to run intermittently and then quit altogether.  Now if I boot the machine up, it runs ok but there is no fan at all.  I'm not sure what the procedure is to get this fixed or whatever.  Please advise how I should proceed.  Is this maybe a BIOS issue, and I might just need to download something to fix?  Or might it be a part failure?

Marie Golda

KalvinKlein

Re: [S10/S10e Fan Problems Collecting Info for Lenovo] S10 fan runs too fast, too often, too loud

Hi and welcome ..

update to latest BIOS 94 found here

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_1283.html

sincerely KalvinKlein

mgolda

Ok, so I did that, thanks for the link.  Still have no fan running, and my wireless is no longer detecting my wireless network, or any other wireless network.  I don't get it....the wireless network is fine, I'm on it now with a different computer.

Marie

What's DOS?
mgolda

Nevermind that last message.  I rebooted three more times, checked the settings (which did say wireless was enabled when I got there, but I changed it to that again anyhow) and now everything is back to what passes as normal around here.  It's a stubborn little computer, but I love it.  Thanks for the assist!

Marie

Paper Tape
davepolit

wanted to download bios 94, but on the homepage it doesn't mention s10e, only s10 and s9 ???

KalvinKlein

Hi and welcome to lenovo forum...

Here you can found S10e 94er:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-72939

This release supports the following systems:
- IdeaPad S9e, S10e, S10 (MT 4329, 4333)

The following operating systems are supported:
- Microsoft Windows XP (Home Edition)

sincerely KalvinKlein

Punch Card
smo

What do we have to do to prevent it from screwing up wireless and other stuff???

Does this bios actually fix the fan problems or are Lenovo still brushing it under the carpet and treating us as second class customers???

Paper Tape
calit

Hi together,

I've got my S10e since about 3 weeks and have already updated to the latest bios.

As far as I can see the fan turns on if it reaches 55 degrees Celsius into the first state witch is quite noisy and at 60 degrees comes the second stage of noisiness. The fan shifts back after something like 20 or 30 seconds, according to the temperature, second to first state at about 55 and first to off at 50.

Since I'm using Gentoo Linux on it, I have already tried to fix it with a script called fancontrol, but the PWM sensors aren't recognized (yet).

On my opinion the best solution would be not to use staged fan speeds but to make the rotation of the fan linear increasing depending on the temperature after some special point.

My recommendation would be starting at something like 500 RPM at a temperature of 55 degrees.

This would not be as noisy as it is now.

Since the speed of the fan is not recognized by my software I cannot tell the exact default rotation states.

Paper Tape
agirdea

Re: "Solutions"

Hi Doraemon,

I think your heatsink is the solution I really love for my S10e. I have found right copper thickness but it is not cheap so I wonder if you have any template/dimensions of the heatsink you made, just to make sure I do it right first time :smileysurprised:)

I would really appreciate it!

Best Reagards,

Adrian

Blue Screen Again
pogogmadindenis

Re: S10/S10e Fan Problems - Collecting Info for Lenovo

[ Edited ]

There is the same problem with Lenovo G550. Then we'll see bios for our notebook?? Answer please!