Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
emberuang
Accepted Solution

S10e UPGRADED TO XP PROFESSIONAL - CAMERA doesnt work + F11 recovery is missing

hi

i upgraded my XP Preload to XP professional, and i found that my camera doesnt work anymore.

if i doubled click the camera  on my compute, there is no picture/video..

so i decided to use the recovery system,but when i reboot my computer. i just relized that "press F11 for recovery" is missing, 

my request is:

is there any working driver for s10e camera? (xp professional) 

or any way to have "press F11 for recovery" appear again?

to use XP preload home edition again?

802.11n
ronaldkwok

Re: S10e UPGRADED TO XP PROFESSIONAL - CAMERA doesnt work + F11 recovery is missing

Have you tried pressing Fn Esc to turn on the camera? I think there is no specific drvier for the camera since it is just a generic one. If you want to recover to original factory setting, press F11 after booting and wait for the recovery system to come on and it may take 2-3 minutes.
View my Blog on the Lenovo S10
Paper Tape
emberuang

Re: S10e UPGRADED TO XP PROFESSIONAL - CAMERA doesnt work + F11 recovery is missing

yes, if i pressed fn+esc,the camera is gone*"in my computer"*,thats the problem..F11 recovery is missing..theres no notice for me to press F11 for recovery at reboot section..

Blue Screen Again
Sectoid

Same issue :smileysad:

Any ideas how to fix it ?

Retired Guru
ortegaluis

F11 for recovery is controlled by the MBR. If you did a fresh install of XP Pro, this wiped the MBR. Hopefully somebody can upload their MBR.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
Paper Tape
emberuang

what is MBR?

yeah please someone upload MBR??

by the way my recovery drive is still there.

Paper Tape
emberuang

okay i just copy all the recovery files from the hidden hd partition..

anything i can do from here?

i got bootmgr and folder of windows,recovery,boot,ect.

Retired Guru
ortegaluis

The MBR is the initial instructions for booting an operating system. The MBR in your S10 has a proprietary code which enables the F11 prompt for the recovery process. It is usually written on the first physical sector of a hard drive. If you install XP/Vista/Linux, the MBR is overwritten with a clean one [i.e. removing the F11 option].

okay i just copy all the recovery files from the hidden hd partition..

anything i can do from here?

Do you have a bunch of files labeled as follows?.........

factory.wsi

factory0000.dsi

factory.000

factory.001

etc.

etc.

etc.

If yes, you can install OneKey recovery and create recovery disks via an external cd/dvd writer.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
Paper Tape
emberuang

zortegaluis : hermmz sound promising, ill have alook and report it
Blue Screen Again
Sectoid

Re: S10e UPGRADED TO XP PROFESSIONAL - CAMERA doesn't work + F11 recovery is missing

Well I think, that main problem, that firmware on website is corrupt. (At least for 4231-45U)

Possible,that this firmware designed for another version of WebCam hardware.

I tried to restore system by powering notebook with Recovery button.

Also I already update all drivers in system, but no luck.

I couldn't understand, how OS restore could help to recover hardware firmware issue.