Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
s10user161

Re: S10e UPGRADED TO XP PROFESSIONAL - CAMERA doesn't work + F11 recovery is missing

[ Edited ]

I have the exact same problem. Upgraded to xp pro, usb camera shows up in "My Computer", when I right-click on it and select "properties" and try the "test" button, it passes the test, but when I left-click on the camera, I get a blank display and no LED suggesting the camera is even powered. I tried the bison firmware upgrade - no result. I tried installing camera drivers from other netbooks, notebooks, - no result. Uninstalled everything, no result. I tried installing yawcam - no result. Same thing every time.

Either the camera is bad or the driver/camera is incompatable with xp pro. I suspect the latter, since the cam worked in xp home. Bison is not a recognizeable camera name... it's something else. Not sure yet.

Message Edited by s10user161 on 03-28-2009 08:19 AM
Fanfold Paper
s10user161

Re: S10e Cam Update problem - Help please!!!

Same problem here... That firmware upgrade probably broke the camera.
Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 77
Kudos: 235
Solutions: 126

Re: S10e UPGRADED TO XP PROFESSIONAL - CAMERA doesn't work + F11 recovery is missing

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

Please try this link. to download Lenovo VeriFace.

Hope it helps. :smileywink:

Regards,

Cleo

Message Edited by Cleo_Lenovo on 03-31-2009 11:20 PM
Message Edited by Cleo_Lenovo on 03-31-2009 11:37 PM

WW Social Media

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
Paper Tape
doctor_ale

Camera

Please help, i've installed the last update of the webcam on my S10 and after that it stopped to work.

Operating  system - win XP.

Blue Screen Again
Sectoid

Re: Camera

This is known issue. Please try to use search before create new topic.

Currently Lenovo ignore this problem..

Blue Screen Again
Sectoid

I just try to install this software. It doesn't help me.

Still see gray square.

Also I tried to delete camera and USB device from device manager, then refresh it.

System found again drivers, but still not luck.

Paper Tape
doctor_ale

my english not very good to use search, sorry
802.11n
ronaldkwok

I would advise all new owners of S10 or S10e not to carry out any updates of drivers or BIOS unless they are having some real problems or they are tech savvy and know how to undo these upgrades in case of problems. Firstly, there are some confusion as to the different upgrades available for S10 and S10e; though they are very similar some drivers do not work exactly the same on both sytems and you may apply the wrong updates and cause some problems. Some updates (like for the webcam) is know to cause problems for some users but not for all. As for the BIOS updates for fixing the fan issue, this is still being fine-tuned so it is best to wait for a final release that is totally bugs free.

In short, don't fix it until it is broken and just enjoy playing with your S10 or S10e. 

View my Blog on the Lenovo S10
Paper Tape
doctor_ale

I have understood it already. The question was what to di now? Where i can get the prevoius version of camera firmware? And concerning not professional usage of updates... I have taken this update from official site, after entering serial number of notebook, so the update was exactly for this model.

Thanx for the wish for help. Is there any aechived version?

Punch Card
TheSteve

[ Edited ]

There have been several requests for older camera firmware, so far none has been provided.

At this point I believe your only solution is to send the S10 back to Lenovo for service.

Message Edited by TheSteve on 03-31-2009 11:25 PM