Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Sectoid

Re: Camera

[ Edited ]

Not so easy!

I think, when I use official website, then choose correct model, then see some update. I may try to apply it without any restrictions. Then I think, when I use some official updater, it should check everything BEFORE update!!!

I'm not comfort to spend my time to interact with support. So I hope, that Lenovo will correct their mistakes as soon as possible!

I expect, that Lenofo will provide some patch or next version of updater.

Message Edited by Sectoid on 03-31-2009 11:45 PM
What's DOS?
wjlester

Re: S10e Cam Update problem - Help please!!!

Having issues here as well. I updated as a last resort due to poor performance of the previous firmware.

Thanks,

-Will

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 81
Kudos: 264
Solutions: 136

Re: S10e UPGRADED TO XP PROFESSIONAL - CAMERA doesn't work + F11 recovery is missing

Hi Sectoid,

Let me check with the team members and get back to you later.

Thank you~

Regards,

Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
s10user161

Re: S10e Cam Update problem - Help please!!!

Has *ANYONE* been able to use their camera after this update??
Blue Screen Again
Sectoid

Re: S10e UPGRADED TO XP PROFESSIONAL - CAMERA doesn't work + F11 recovery is missing

Thank You a lot!

Now I feel, that Lenovo care about me.

We waiting for solution.

Fanfold Paper
s10user161

[ Edited ]

The problem is that the Bison camera firmware update breaks the camera, and you cannot restore to an older version of firmware. There is not a single person (yet) on this forum that has installed the firmware update that has reported a functioning camera after.

Ok- after much research, I found the manufacturer:

http://www.bisontech.com.tw/English/index.php

No firmware updates available on their site, unfortunately. Not sure where to go from here.

Message Edited by s10user161 on 04-07-2009 12:28 AM
Fanfold Paper
s10user161

Re: Camera

This is the manufacturer of the camera:

http://www.bisontech.com.tw/English/index.php

No drivers available on the site, but we can all write to them for an update.

Blue Screen Again
Sectoid

Any news from Cleo?

I think, that fix should be provided by notebook manufacturer.

Blue Screen Again
Sectoid

We need correct EEPROM

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 81
Kudos: 264
Solutions: 136

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

Did you format your Win XP Home, and later reinstalled with Win XP Pro?

In fact, the camera in s10e is usb type of camera that the windows will have drivers that match with it. Users do not need to manually download it as windows has it installed automatically.

For the problem faced by you guys here, I need help from my colleague to reproduce this case. As of now, the enginner has tested by installing Win XP Pro, and the camera works fine by itself without any driver installed manually.

Could you guys provide me VID/PID/Rev number of the camera by navigating to Device Manager > right click usb camera > Properties > Details  ? See attachment for example.

The engineer needs the above information for investigation.

Thanks and appreciate help from you guys :smileyhappy:

- Cleo

Message Edited by Cleo_Lenovo on 04-08-2009 03:41 PM
Message Edited by Cleo_Lenovo on 04-08-2009 03:42 PM

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество