Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
stooo

Re: Camera

I've the same issue... based in UK.

As discussed in this post here.

I'm not really wanting to send my S10e in for repair, and so hoping that a resolution can be found by means of a new firmware update.

Here's Hoping 

Stu

Fanfold Paper
s10user161

Re: S10e UPGRADED TO XP PROFESSIONAL - CAMERA doesn't work + F11 recovery is missing

Yes, that is the update that broke my camera.

Marc

Retired Guru
skripatch

Re: Camera

New firmware that can fix camera issue is here. Please read release notes carefully.
//help will save the world
Retired Guru
skripatch

Re: S10e UPGRADED TO XP PROFESSIONAL - CAMERA doesn't work + F11 recovery is missing

You can get new firmware that can fix camera issue is here. Please read release notes carefully.
Retired Guru
skripatch

Re: S10e Cam Update problem - Help please!!!

Now available new firmware that can fix camera issue - here. Please read release notes carefully.
Paper Tape
stooo

Skripatch...

sounds promissing. I'm not with my S10e just now, but will aim to give this a shot tomorrow...

Anyone else tried it ? Is it working ?

Cheers

Stu

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 258
Solutions: 137

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

Whoever has the black screen problem, please access here for the new fix (version0310) . Please bear in mind that this is a tool to solve this issue. If the camera of your machine is working properly, you should not install this fix, otherwise it will cause damage to the camera.

"Important Note: This hotfix must ONLY be installed on the machines affected by the symptoms described above.  If the camera is working properly, do not install this hotfix. Otherwise, the camera firmware will be destroyed permanently."

For your information, there are 2 different camera sensors in s10 and s10e. Some of you had the problem because of flashing the incorrect firmware version 1404, which is actually not meant for this sensor. This version 0310 should be able to solve your problem.

Another camera sensor has a new version 1405 now. You may find it here in the Lenovo Consumer Support Site

This tool is able to detect the different sensors in order to avoid installing the wrong firmware.

Here is the hints and tips for "S10 Camera Damaged By Bison Firmware Upgrade".

Thanks to skripatch for keeping us up-to-date. :smileyhappy:

Both of the firmware are no longer available in support website to avoid customers mistakenly install the wrong firmware. As of now, there should be lesser users facing the initial camera problem which was caused by installing the wrong firmware version1404 in wrong camera sensor. (v1404 is an earlier version before v1405 and v0310 were available in support website)

If you're still having problem with camera (black/green screen) due to installing the wrong firmware (v1405, v0310), please let me know the following details before i can provide you a solution.

• Which version did you last install?
  • Where did you get the firmware file? (please provide URL link)
  • Did camera work well prior to the firmware update?
  • What is the windows spec? (Win XP home or XP Pro, SP1, SP2, etc)

Please take note that s10/s10e camera does not need driver as windows itself can detect it. Please make sure you have the latest service pack to get camera works properly.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Cleo

Message Edited by Cleo_Lenovo on 04-14-2009 08:12 PM
Message Edited by Cleo_Lenovo on 05-04-2009 12:10 PM
Message Edited by Cleo_Lenovo on 08-05-2009 12:33 PM

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
stooo

Success !

Just called the missus, who's got my S10e today, and got here to do the update... nervously!

Followed instructions above from Cleo and Skripatch... all now working perfectly. Can see the picture in My Computer and also have working camera in Skype :smileyhappy:

Perfect... just in time for my trip to Australia on Friday.

Thanks guys.

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 258
Solutions: 137

Hi stooo,

You're most welcome. Yeah we fixed it just for you lol 

Alright, enjoy your trip! :smileywink: Take care!

Regards,

Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
FLH_Sky

Re: S10e Cam Update problem - Help please!!!

Great the new update works!!!

Thank you Lenovo guys :-)