Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
arindambiswas

Re: S10e UPGRADED TO XP PROFESSIONAL - CAMERA doesn't work + F11 recovery is missing

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue.

I have a S10 running WinXP home. 

Hardware IDs :

USB\Vid_5986&Pid_0241&Rev_0310&MI_00

USB\Vid_5986&Pid_0241&MI_00

I have uploaded a screenshot @ http://www.codedrunks.com/wp-content/uploads/temp/webcam.JPG showing what the problem is. I applied the patch IN1CAM05WW1.exe after which the problem started. Have been trying to fix this for a few days to no avail.

Would be grateful if someone could figure this out. 

Message Edited by arindambiswas on 04-29-2009 08:47 PM
Paper Tape
ninodago

Re: S10e UPGRADED TO XP PROFESSIONAL - CAMERA doesnt work + F11 recovery is missing

Hi to all.

I have the same problem of many peolple here.

I just want to explain why I made the firmware update, also because I'm not a stupid.

I have an IdeaPad S10e, with OS XP Home Sp3.

The hardware ID of the webcam is:

USB\Vid_5986&Pid_0241&Rev_0310&MI_00
USB\Vid_5986&Pid_0241&MI_00

I noticed that the webcam didn't work properly. It worked for a while, then it stopped and I had to restart it through Messenger or Yahoo Messenger.Searching in the web for solution, I found that the solution was a firmware update, and I made it. I installed 1404 version. By this point, the webcam died. It displays only grey screen on "Computer" properties and black screen on messengers.I went in this forum and I tried a new suggest, the Bison refresh tool. I tried it too, but with no result. Honestly I don't think a firmware can break phisically the webcam. It could just not use it properly, but not to break it, so I don't like some answers which say "you have upgraded the webcam, then your webcam is broken". I think Lenovo should post a solution to rollback the update until its original situation. I prefer to have a webcam working quite good instead of one working for nothing!The lighting note of the updates should say that each update could destroy the old firmware, not the webcam... It's unacceptable a behaviour like this by a big producer like IBM.
I hope not to have to send my netbook in support, because I think that, even if it's not necessary because it's a firmware problem, the support techs will format my pc... My question is quite easy: Is it possible to have the original firmware which was embedded in my netbook?

Thanks in advance for reply.

Greetings from Italy

Nino

Fanfold Paper
arindambiswas

Re: S10e UPGRADED TO XP PROFESSIONAL - CAMERA doesnt work + F11 recovery is missing

Could someone tell me whether the link http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/HintsandTips/hints_show_1239699941904.html is valid for fixing the

's10-brick-my-webcam' issue?

Unfortunately, there is no description or notes, and the download button link is broken. If someone has had successfully applied the patch, could they upload the file somewhere? This is turning out to be quite distressing, probably like a pet's death. I keep staring at the webcam, hoping that it will open its eye and lay its sight on me, but it just doesn't show any sign of life. The firmware upgrade is like bad medication.

Someone, somewhere, please help!!! 

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 136

[ Edited ]
Hi all,

Sorry for late follow up. My internet was down for the last 3 days :smileysad:

Can you do me a favor? Please refer to the image attached here. Remove the battery pack and you will see a sticker with serial number. PM me the Serial Number. Thanks!

Ninodago,

I supposed your problem is showed as below here:

Camera not working properly --> installed 1404 version --> grey/black screen --> installed 310 version (IN1CAM05WW1.exe) --> still grey/black screen

You said that “I went in this forum and I tried a new suggest, the Bison refresh tool. I tried it too, but with no result.”

What do you mean by “no result”? Do you mean that it remains grey/black screen?

I need to reconfirm with you whether you installed IN1CAM05WW1.exe or IN1CAM04WW1.exe

Do you still remember the initial version of the camera firmware?  

Do you mind to PM me your machine type and serial number as well?

Please kindly let me know.

For your information, it’s not easy to downgrade back to the original firmware at this moment. I need engineer to look into this case.

Arindambiswas,

Sorry for inconvenience caused. The Hints and Tips page is available for browsing now.

Are you facing the same problem just like Ninodago is encountering?

Camera not working properly --> installed 1404 version --> grey/black screen --> installed 310 version (IN1CAM05WW1.exe) --> still grey/black screen

I need more information from you about what happened before and after.

Message Edited by Cleo_Lenovo on 05-04-2009 04:37 PM

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
ninodago

Hi and thanks for the answer.

Cleo_Lenovo wrote:

Can you do me a favor? Please refer to the image attached here. Remove the battery pack and you will see a sticker with serial number. PM me the Serial Number. Thanks!

I'll send it through PM asap.

Cleo_Lenovo wrote:

I supposed your problem is showed as below here:

Yes, it was exactly like you said.

Cleo_Lenovo wrote:

You said that “I went in this forum and I tried a new suggest, the Bison refresh tool. I tried it too, but with no result.”

What do you mean by “no result”? Do you mean that it remains grey/black screen?

Yes, I meant that nothing changed. The webcam still doesn't work.

Cleo_Lenovo wrote:

I need to reconfirm with you whether you installed IN1CAM05WW1.exe or IN1CAM04WW1.exe

Actually it's installed IN1CAM05WW1.exe.

Cleo_Lenovo wrote:

Do you still remember the initial version of the camera firmware?  

Honestly I'm not sure about it, I suppose version 1.0.0, but however you could know it when you'll have Serial Number,Machine Type and so on.

Cleo_Lenovo wrote:
Do you mind to PM me your machine type and serial number as well?

Ok, it'll be done!

Bye

Nino

Cleo_Lenovo

Hi ninodago,

Could you PM me your email address?

Regards,

Cleo

WW Social Media

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
ninodago

[ Edited ]

I can give you it here!

*@*

Bye

Moderator edit: Removed email address. Please use PM's. Unless your email address is disposable, posting it in the forum is not a  good idea. At minimum, you're going to get a lot of SPAM, one of my favorite pork products.

Message Edited by bananaman on 05-06-2009 01:49 PM
Cleo_Lenovo

Hi ninodago,

Can you PM me your email? Publishing your email publicly is not a good idea as the mod Bananaman has said. You might be spammed!

Cheers,

Cleo

WW Social Media

Punch Card
tdk337

For the System Recovery issue:

Not sure if it makes a difference but I have the S10 and NOT the S10e. With the machine powered off, you press the OneKey to the right of the power key to start the factory system recovery from a hidden partition on your S10's hard disk drive.

Punch Card
mahalo7

Dear Cleo,

Please please help me

I have exatly same problem that Ninodago has.

Camera not working properly --> installed 1404 version --> grey/black screen --> installed 310 version (IN1CAM05WW1.exe)

--> still grey/black screen

I don't remember the initial version of the camera firmware.

S/N is EB10337919

I have contacted the lenovo support centre(I am in Australia but calls were diverted to other country)

, and I was told that couriers would come & pick it up.

It was 2weeks ago and I rang them 3times.

but no one has come yet.

If I could fix it by myself, it would be great.

Regards