Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Sectoid

Re: S10e UPGRADED TO XP PROFESSIONAL - CAMERA doesn't work + F11 recovery is missing

[ Edited ]

Issue in this http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_999.html

Drivers & Downloads   Driver Name Bison Camera Firmware Update   Family IdeaPad S9,IdeaPad S10   File Size 434K   Driver Version 1.00.000   File Format exe   Release Date 2008-11-17   Description

The integrated camera cannot take photos under WinXP (Start àMy ComputeràDouble click Camera iconàCapture options on the left)

SYMPTOM:

Some integrated cameras cannot take photos under Windows XP (StartàMy ComputeràDouble click CameraàCapture options on the left). Camera hangs up and cannot take photos after click capture button.

AFFECTED SYSTEMS AND CONFIGURATIONS:

The above symptom may occur on the following systems

S10

Under the following Operating System:

Microsoft Windows XP

SOLUTION:

Download the Bison_UpdateTool_MultiLan_1404.exe

Go to the folder where you saved this file, and double click on the Bison_UpdateTool_MultiLan_1404 icon.

After the update is completed, restart the system.

If you have clicked the capture button after booting up, you need restart the system before running this refresh tool.

TRADEMARKS:

Lenovo, IdeaPad and IdeaCentre are registered trademarks of Lenovo.

Applicable OS Windows XP   Manufacturer     Last modified date 2008-12-09   Download Here    Bison_UpdateTool_MultiLan_1404.exe

I think, we need correct webcam firmware update.

Message Edited by Sectoid on 03-21-2009 05:10 AM
Message Edited by Sectoid on 03-21-2009 05:11 AM
Fanfold Paper
FLH_Sky

S10e Cam Update problem - Help please!!!

Hello!

I own a Lenovo S10e and I have installed the Bison Camera Firmware Update (http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_999.html).

It was too late when I noticed that this update was only for the S10 without e.

Now my cam is not working anymore. It just shows a black screen.

Is there a possibilty to reverse the FW update? Or has someone from Lenovo the original FW files for the S10e?

Hope you can help :-)

Best regards

Friedrich

802.11n
ronaldkwok

Re: S10e Cam Update problem - Help please!!!

Not sure if this will work but give it a try. Access your Device Manager. Double click on USB Video Device. In the Properties dialog box, select the Driver tab. Click the Roll Back Driver box to see if you can go back to your previous driver. Good luck.
View my Blog on the Lenovo S10
Fanfold Paper
FLH_Sky

well the driver is not the problem, it is the firmware of the cam.

but thanks anyway.

Blue Screen Again
Sectoid

I also serching for such solution.

My UMPC is S10 4231-35

After I upgrade webcam firmware with such file. My webcam show gray  screen.

So any ideas, how to downgrade webcam firmware?

Ctrl-Alt-Del
bob423

Sounds like the same problem I have. After I updated the firmware off the Lenovo site, I now have just a black screen in XP SP3 for the webcam (after clicking on the webcam icon in My Computer). Funny, since the troubleshooter says everything is working fine and I can see the setting for the camera displayed, however, just a black screen is displayed. I can even click on "take a picture" and it appears to be working (three dots displayed in sequence) but the black screen remains.

Bob

Fanfold Paper
FLH_Sky

Seems like more people have the same problem.

A statement from a lenovo guy would be great!

JaneL

FLH_Sky wrote:

Seems like more people have the same problem.

A statement from a lenovo guy would be great!

Welcome to the forum!

While there are a few Lenovo employees roaming around in here helping out on a volunteer basis, this is not an official support channel. Instead, this is designed to be a user-to-user support and discussion forum. You may or may not get an answer directly from one of the Lenovo employees as there are way more of us than them and all of them, even Mark, have full-time jobs doing other things.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Blue Screen Again
Sectoid

Well, let's start result oriented thinking!

As from my perspective much more important: who and how could help us, to solve this disaster with webcam.

Rather than post part's of speakings like: - this guy shoudn't do this... or so on.

Please HELP us! We need HELP and SUPPORT to solve lenovo's issues!

Fanfold Paper
FLH_Sky

I appreciate that Lenovo employees are helping on this board in their spare time :-)

Hopefully on of them might be able to help us!