Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 137

Re: S10e UPGRADED TO XP PROFESSIONAL - CAMERA doesn't work + F11 recovery is missing

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

Should i say that the camera was working fine before the change from XP Home to XP Pro?

Are you willing to test the camera by reinstalling back the machine preload system image?

Anyway, I'll update hte engineer now about the your input of SP3 :smileyhappy:

Thanks a bunch !

Regars,

Cleo

Message Edited by Cleo_Lenovo on 04-10-2009 03:44 PM

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Blue Screen Again
Sectoid

Re: S10e UPGRADED TO XP PROFESSIONAL - CAMERA doesn't work + F11 recovery is missing

First of all, I still use preinstalled XP home edition with all updates.

After issues with camera, I try to restore system (with recovery button), but no luck.

Paper Tape
stooo

Ahh - I purchased the linux version of the S10e... as I was never going to use XP Home. I installed our company license for XP Pro pretty much the day I got the machine so that I could add it to our domain.

Cheers

Stuart

Paper Tape
stooo

It sounds like it's the Firmware update that's caused the problem... in which case it won't matter what driver or OS we re-install, it'll have the same problem, most likely.

I think we'll need a new firmware update to fix... over to you levovo :smileyhappy:

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 137

Hi guys,

Did you all install the firmware (Bison Camera Firmware Update 1.00.000) from here ?

I dont have any update yet but from the information you have provided me, it seems the firmware has some issues. Also, the firmware here is removed due to instability after flashing the firmware.

Anyway, i'll wait for their response about this issue.

Hey really thanks for your valuable input :smileyhappy: Talk to you later!

Best regards,

Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
stooo

Hi Cleo,

Yep - that's the one. I notice it's now been taken off the site and there is a warning on there.

Hopefully, there will be a new one available soon that will fix the issue. I am traveling to australia on business next week, for a month. I was very much hoping to use my ideapad for video conferencing with my office in Scotland while I'm away.

Many thanks

Stu

Blue Screen Again
Sectoid

Yes. Update v.1 was installed.
Paper Tape
doctor_ale

Re: Camera

RF is Russian Federation, i ve already contacted service they took my number and said they will call back when they receive information from technical dept. I have called a week later, they told the same. To wait.
Blue Screen Again
Sectoid

Same situation in Ukraine
Paper Tape
Twinky

Same problem here in France... Broken Camera after installing the bison update...