Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
kye
What's DOS?
kye

S12 Wireless card compatibility

I noticed that S12 (nvidia) rejects other Wireless Mini PCIe cards

with error message "card not authorized".

Is there a list of cards that are accepted?

My card has a suspected defective contact. I expect that I must replace it soon.

Lenovo, please provide us with a BIOS update that is less restrictive.

Thank you.

Fanfold Paper
fr0ggie

Betreff: S12 Wireless card compatibility

push! My Wireless Card is broken...

There are many different BCM94312mcg cards... but is everyone working?! Or what for Wireless LAN Cards can I use?

I Hope for a fast answer, need the card for Presentation in the university!!

Fanfold Paper
fr0ggie

I'm very angry at the moment....

I bought a BCM94312MCG Wifi card(the same before) and it doesent work?!

"ERROR Unauthorized Wireless network card is plugged in. Power off an remove it."

WHY THE HELL?! Need really fast a feedback

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 354
Solutions: 238

Hi fr0ggie,

This should explain why it doesn't work.  Lenovo matches the card to the antennae in the computer in order to comply with FCC regulations regarding interference.

Any replacement wireless card has to have an FRU part number and be branded for a Lenovo.  A generic card won't work, even though it might be the same exact card.

If you suspect a bad contact, remove the card and gently clean the contacts with a pencil eraser.

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
fr0ggie

Hey thanks for answer...

I dont like the way, like lenovo is going with a whitelist :/. Most of all i dont like, that we dont know what kind of cards the consumer can use! I think, that the consumer deserves any information about the whitelist and the content of it! Its sad to say, but i think that was the last thing from lenovo i bought :smileysad:...

Btw, after all  i remembered about repairing graphiccards in the oven....

I tried the same to my broken wifi card, and it worked. Now i can use it again :smileyhappy:. I dont know why i waitet long time to do this....

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 354
Solutions: 238

I'm glad you got it working.

All the major manufacturers do the same thing.  I ran into the whitelist with Hp and Dell.  

Anyway, thanks for the oven trick.  Didn't know it would work with WIFI cards.

Dave 

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество