Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
d2kx

S205: Can't open BIOS/EFI settings, boot

Hi,

so basicly I've played a bit with the EFI entries using the tool efibootmgr, and after a reboot I get the Lenovo splash screen where I normally would be able to press F2 for BIOS/EFI settings and F12 for the boot manager but both don't work anymore. It boots over and over, and the progress bar at the bottom doesn't even finish.

Pressing the OKS key does nothing and just is the same as powering on, and I've disassembled the notebook to look for a BIOS/EFI chip but didn't find any (does it even have one?). What could I do? Any way to completely reset it?

Regards,

Dennis

Paper Tape
d2kx

Betreff: S205: Can't open BIOS/EFI settings, boot

OK someone in the german forums had the same problem, he couldnt press F2/F12 but he could boot Windows which was still installed and reflash the BIOS/EFI, so the hardware is not defect. My OS however is defect so I can't boot into it.

Would it be possible to remove the hard drive so that it would then look for the next possible device to boot from and would, without the HDD, boot from an usb drive? Then I could reinstall Windows, flash BIOS/EFI etc. ...

Paper Tape
d2kx

OK so I've tried all what I said and it doesn't work. I even reinstalled Windows on the hard drive from my desktop computer (disassembled the laptop, put the hard drive into my desktop, installed Win and put it in the laptop again). Doesn't work, so EFI/BIOS seems borked. Anything I can do or is it time to say goodbye?

Serial Port
blablubb1234

[ Edited ]

Have you tried recovering it using this method?

http://s205blog.wordpress.com/2013/01/13/lenovo-s205-bios-recovery-updating-bios-without-installed-w...

Seems like your situation is exactly the same as in the tutorial.

Hope it works and it would be great to hear from you again and see if that method really works (hardest part might be finding an working XP 32bit...).

Greetings