Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
seahawk

S205 E450 Battery Lock Notch got broken

Hello to all. Just wanted to let everybody know that my newly bought s205 e450's battery lock on one side just got  broken. The extended notch broke off. I didn't notice it until I saw the battery loosely installed. The plastic part was brittle. I didn't do anything on it.

I thought lenovos are of good quality. Can't believe this happened. Hope lenovo will do something about it and improve it's battery lock design or improve the quality of their plastic material.

Just been using this netbook for around two months.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: S205 E450 Battery Lock Notch got broken

Hello Seahawk,

Physical or plastic damage does not cover under warranty.

You may visit to the service center and get the part replaced

Kindly locate the nearest service center from the mentioned below web link.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/ph/en/Maintenancestation/APR_Maintenancestation_Show.aspx?Product_...

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

What's DOS?
danyulo

Hi,

Happily my wife received a brand new S205 via Amazon UK yesterday.  Whilst setting it up for her last night, I noticed the screen suddenly go black and the unit was off!  The battery would have been about 75% full at that time.  I quickly worked out that the battery had come loose and in fact the battery clip on once side was not strong enough to hold the battery in place.

So to me there does seem to be an issue with the battery clips. 

What's DOS?
danyulo

Hi,

On closer inspection, the catch was actually not closed properly.  We have pushed the clip across and it seems fine now.

What's DOS?
jmcat

This also happened on my s205 just bought last april 2012 and lenovo after sales service is so lame and told me to pay php3,000.00 for the whole back plate of the netbook because its not warranty covered!

i should have known first their bad customer sales service before i bought this brand name. now i dont recommend this brand to my millions of I.T friends anymore. still having that loose one side battery manual lock. thanks lenovo for the lesson. 

What's DOS?
mrsjoowon

Hi. Just bought mine last month. I'm a bit disappointed with Lenovo as well. Just want to ask, do you always use it on AC (power outlet) mode with the battery out? Some say doing so would extend the battery life, but I'm hesitating now since your mentioned that you were asked to pay 3000php (my unit cost me 16000php, and it was bought during the summer sale!). 

What's DOS?
mrsjoowon

I got mine from Manila, btw.
Punch Card
seahawk

I didn't bother to bring my unit to the service center. I haven't got the time and I only have one netbook to use and no spare. What I did was I use mighty bond to stick the battery to the back panel. At least the loose battery is fully secured and no rattles anymore. Then I put scotch tape on the front and back of the battery just to be sure. It's a bit unsighty but need the netbook to physically function well.

Here's another complain. One of the cover of the display hinge teared by itself. Can't lock it together again. Mightly bond came to the rescue.
Paper Tape
imitation

[ Edited ]

One battery notch broke on mine as well, also, the left hinge cover came loose, along with the hinge itself.

Well, i did drop the netbook a couple times, but in comparison to my previous Samsung laptop (which i dropped just as much), the Lenovo looks like a fragile POS.

A friend of mine owns the "ThinkPad" x120e. He's had issues with the build quality as well and got warranty requests denied, while Samsung always helped out, even with international warranty claims. And i'm not even comparing this to the excellent support ASUS is providing.

What's DOS?
stefandcam

Geez I had the same exact two issues, but I'm not too upset as I got my X61 in '08 and it's been used badley at times. I love this thing but am sick of having it attached to the AC power! Thanx for your oh so simple solution! 

Right  on :smileywink: