Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
lsg24

S205- problems booting

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

I have just bought an S205 (as in 2 days ago!) and now it won't boot :smileysad: This is what happened/ is happening:

1) I was browsing the internet (with chrome) & working on a document

2) Everything slowed down and the desktop faded

3) Task manager wouldn't load

4) In frustration, I forced it to shut down the old fashioned way by holding the power button down

Which has led to this:

Whenever I press the power button, I get the black Lenovo screen with the boot menu options then it goes to another black screen that say "Windows is loading files" then it just goes to a black screen with no cursor and won't respond to any buttons etc.

I've tried taking out the battery, putting it back in again, loading without the battery etc. having read similar threads but nothing works. I can get into the f2 menu but to be honest, I'm not sure what to change that might help.  I can't even get onto safe mode :smileysad:

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

KalvinKlein

Re: S205- problems booting

Hi could be possible, that HDD failed.

call your local dealer ...  

regards KK

lsg24

Thanks, I think you might be right. Although it does reach the system restore page, nothing actually happens...

Very disappointed given the laptop's age!

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Christelcliente

Here is my tale of woe:

.  I bought a Lenovo notebook, quasi laptop (the model is S205), which I started using last week.  Since then, some incidents have led to the laptop not being able to boot/start.  The incidents were:

• Turn itself off suddenly and, when re-started indicated it had not shut down properly.
  • I think I restarted it in safe mode and then shut it down properly.
  • After using it for a while,  it froze, kept looping.  I forced the shut down.
  • Then I think that it restarted normally again and then, after freezing, it shut down and I got a message indicating that the computer was turning off to avoid real damage to it.  That if this was the first time, x and that if it was not, I should do something.  The screen lasted a very brief time so I was not really able to read what it was saying.  Then it went into realteck or something similar screen (black screen)  I exited from there and was suddenly in a reboot menu. Since I did not know what to do with the options, I called the support service of Lenovo and they told me to just hit F10 to save the changes –otherwise I didn’t seem to be able to escape the program,  and to check if the laptop would start again.  It did but soon after it froze again…

• Next time, after forced shutdown, when starting up, it brought up a start up recovery program which run some checks.
  • The result of the program/session where:  systemdisk=device\hardware
    • Windows directory=E\windows
    • Autocheckrun=0
    • Number of root cause=1
    • It also told me that the Start up repair program could not repair my computer.
    • Root cause found=No OS files on disk
    • Repair action; partition table repair
    • Result:  Failed.  Error code =0x490

Any thoughts or recommendations?  I would like an honest answer regarding the real cause of all of this in what was supposed to be a refurbished, tested laptop...  Thank you!

802.11n
fiesta

[ Edited ]

Have you made any adjustmets or changes to Disc partitions? OS upgrade or change? 

If not-

Power off unit and hit ther One key recovery button.Restore from Initial back up & See if the process can be completed. If so, it may solve the issue.

If not, contact Lenovo Support.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Christelcliente

But why is this happening???  I did contact the support, they don't have an explanation.  Is this the first time ever that they have heard of this?  Why should a laptop that was just refurbished be needing the onekeyrecovery option?  Isn't all that happened to me reason to believe there is a hardware problem?????  Thanks for any insights.  

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Christelcliente

ok, the computer is not booting again.  It seemed normal after OKR.  This lasted only a day, now it has a black screen the Lenovo screeen and it doesn't move from there.  ....ok, I tried it again, now it went into the Starting Windows, but it is stuck there.  This is what happened last time, before it really went completely bad.  Does anyone in this forum have any technical knowledge at all????? Would really appreciate some answers!  Thanks

Community Moderator
yigit

hi christelcliente

as kalvin stated above, it could be hdd issue and at this point it's better to contact lenovo support line.

by the way, any hdd light activity during the start-up?

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com