Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
jojzi

S205 screen flickering

Friends,

I have one realy anoying problem. Since I buy my Ideapad s205 ( E300, 2GB RAM, 320HDD, HD6310 )

i wanted to put Linux, first I tried is PCLinuxOS, but with flickering with generic drivers,

then I tried Ubuntu 11.10 x64 also with flickering but after instaling Properietary drivers... with generic it was ok???

And for try I instaling Win 7 64bit Ultimte, using drivers from CD, and also get flickering... tryed downloading drivers from internet but without sucess. Only time when I get rid of flickering is when I changed from 32-bit ( True color ) to 16-bit (High colour )

So what can I do!? I thik that there is some problem with Mother board or with... RAM?

Please take a look on this short video and help me if you can.

http://youtu.be/rwZz2_k0kRQ

Best regards,

Jovica

802.11n
fiesta

Re: S205 screen flickering

Are you able to access RAM and readjust?

Token Ring
boooggy

i remember that i had this flickering too but after i upgraded the lappy with a ssd and a new wifi card (of course bios flash to allow new wifi card) the flicker didnt show up again.

What's DOS?
jojzi

Thank You for your support.

Yesterday, I took it to service, and they said to me that fault is with graphics, as same problem persist on various operating systems. Just need to wait few more days for confirmation, and I can take the new one. As soon as I recive clear info what hapened I'll give you info here...

Best regards from Serbia! 

802.11n
fiesta

Hope everything works out!

:smileyhappy:

Punch Card
Squeeky

Did you ever solve this problem? 

I've experienced the same issue (and, in my case, the only way to temporarily solve it is by rebooting).

Fanfold Paper
ursusuk

I would recommend to update to the latest windows 7 and amd video drivers. seems like flickering problem has been solved for now.
Punch Card
Squeeky

No, the latest drivers don't fix it.   Windows is fully patched; all of my drivers are up to date (I get my video drivers from AMD, not Lenovo), and I still get random "electrical interference" lines across the screen horizontally.

Since rebooting stops it, it is unlikely to be a hardware issue.  Am still trying to isolate what triggers it.