Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
WildChild344
Accepted Solution

[SOLVED] Battery question

[ Edited ]

Hello!

I'm new here and I have one question about my laptop battery. I just bought a Lenovo IdeaPad S205 three days ago and I think it's a great netbook. I just have one question about the battery: There are days when I don't go out so I need to keep my laptop plugged in. Do I need to take out the battery when it is plugged in, for example, a whole day or I can keep the battery in it (it will stay on 100% I think)?

Also I need to know when is the perfect time to plug in the laptop. I use to plug in it when the battery has 25-10 % power left.

I want the battery to keep it's properties as much as possible because sometimes I need it to last much as I go on trips and other things like that. That's why I want to learn how to use it correctly. Also this is my first laptop. I only used desktop computer till now, that's why maybe I will ask dumb questions :smileyhappy:.

Thanks in advance/

Community Moderator
yigit
Blue Screen Again
WildChild344

Re: Battery question

Thanks for the answer.

I read there this:

For maximum lifespan if you rarely use the battery, set Custom charge thresholds to start charging at 40% capacity and stop at 50%, and keep the ThinkPad cool. The thresholds can be adjusted in the Battery Maintenance settings of the Lenovo Power Manager.

If you do use your battery somewhat frequently, set the start threshold at say 85% and stop at 90%. This will still give a good lifespan benefit over keeping it charged to 100%.

I have Lenovo IdeaPad and the software is Lenovo Energy Management. How can I adjust thresholds in this software? I can't find it. I see that I can only select Optimize for battery runtime or Best battery health. If I select 1st one, the battery will stay fully charged 100 %, and in the second one will stay in 50%. I want it to stay in 90% as I will sometimes plug it off and run on battery.

Community Moderator
yigit

the option is available, i guess, only for thinkpad serie.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Blue Screen Again
WildChild344

Too bad. It would have been nice to have such an option on the IdeaPad too.

Thank you very much for your answers!

Community Moderator
yigit

you're welcome.
please, mark the thread as solved if it is.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com