Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
kahlo
Accepted Solution

Spare IdeaPad S10 Batteries

Hopefully I'm just missing something, but I placed an order for a black S10 about 5 days ago.  After consideration I determined I should probably have a spare battery handy, only problem is I can't find where to buy one.  Where are the spare batteries for S10's at?

Aloha,

A patient but anxious S10 owner to-be 

Fanfold Paper
Scottyinco

Re: Spare IdeaPad S10 Batteries

I would love to know the same thing!  Even more, I'd love to know where to find the 6-cell battery that they promised, which I've read is available in Asia, but not in the US!
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,326
Solutions: 286

Excellent questions!

We don't seem to have option batteries on the web yet.   

I appreciate your interest in them and will see what can be done to make them available...

Will update as information become available.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

What's DOS?
thisn00bagain

Lenovo S10 Battery

So i've heard that the S10 (netbook) will not have a 6 cell battery available eventhough it was promised.

so this leads me to my next quesiton? where can i find another battery? it'd be nice to have 2 batteries, so work doesn't have to be stopped.

I've searched all around, and no one has one available.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Paper Tape
Gadfly

IdeaPad S10 Accessories?

My S10 arrived this week after being on order since August.  It's cute.

But when I go Lenovo's site to find accessories -- an additional (or larger) battery, a compatible AC adapter, etc. I find *NOTHING*.  Where are these fairly essential accessories?

I own/have owned various ThinkPads including various X and T series laptops.  One of the reasons i purchased the S10 is i felt it was a way to explore the NetBook space with a company I trust to build/support laptops.  No ThinkPad has ever received this little accessory support.  Similarly, i couldn't find a service manual when i went looking for one.

I'd like an ETA for the accessories and whether this level of support is what i should expect from the IdeaPad line.

Punch Card
hydra

Right here for 6-cell battery.

http://appserver.lenovo.com.cn/shop/shop_detail.aspx?gdsId=A1100007352

I do not know if they ship outside mainland China thou.

Fanfold Paper
Scottyinco

Re: IdeaPad S10 Accessories?

Gadfly wrote:

I'd like an ETA for the accessories and whether this level of support is what i should expect from the IdeaPad line.

Unfortunately, this IS the level of support we're all getting from Lenovo.  They really dropped the ball on the S10.  It's a great machine, but they weren't anywhere near ready to launch the series, heck, they didn't even know the specs on the machine they were rebranding from Quanta. 

They said on their website when they launched the S10 product line that bluetooth was included, but NO machines shipped in the USA have bluetooth, yet their site says now "*(Select models)".  Please, Lenovo, tell us what models those are and where we can buy them.

I hate to say it, but Lenovo is now worse than Dell for sales support and delivery.  Hopefully their warranty service hasn't gone in the same direction sales has.

Fanfold Paper
Scottyinco

hydra wrote:

Right here for 6-cell battery.

http://appserver.lenovo.com.cn/shop/shop_detail.aspx?gdsId=A1100007352

I do not know if they ship outside mainland China thou.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_dmptZLaptopsQ5fNov05?_nkw=lenovo+s10+extended+battery&_sacat=0&_fro...

This is an aftermarket battery made by Cameron Sino in Hong Kong.  Only available in white.  I will be painting mine black when I get it.

Paper Tape
Gadfly

It's very simple -- if you can't be bothered to actually sell basic accessories, you shouldn't be selling the system at all.

Lenovo: Can i return the product on the grounds that you're support of the product is below any acceptable level?

Fanfold Paper
Msliberty1028

I feel the same way. I could have gone with Acer or Dell's mini, which had much more oomph in netbooks, but I had the belief that buying from Lenovo would give me more for my money,. Well, the 6 cell battery, which is advertised as an option, but not available as one, or even as an accessory, and the mini hard drive, and lack of othert imprtant accessories, make this a skimpy purchase at a premium. I am angry, and am faced with a 15% restock charge for a return. Is this a time for customer service to be failing? Is it time for owners to gather and ask for product support for which we are entitled? Wouldn't it be great promo if Lenovo took extra attention to owners, new users, and believers?smileywink:

Msliberty: