Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Mikejay
Accepted Solution

Updating to Latest Energy Management Software

[ Edited ]

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. I downloaded version 3.0.3 of the Energy Management software but never installed it because I first want to be sure it will work with my BIOS version.

I have BIOS version 14CN88WW installed. Does anyone know whether it will be okay to install the latest energy management software with this BIOS, or should I also update the BIOS?

The computer has had no problems (other than slow playback of some HD video). I just want access to the enhanced energy management features in version 3.03. I am currently running version 3.0 of the software, on Win XP.

Thanks again,

MIkejay

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Updating to Latest Energy Management Software

hi mike,

can you tell us which model of lenovo you have?

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
Mikejay

Yes. I have the Ideapad S10e Netbook.

Thanks!

Mike

KalvinKlein

Hi , look at this..  

S-Series 7 & XP Driver for my machine  you could found  

Lenovo Energymanagement

Windows 7  6.0.16  Download 

Windows XP 3.0.38  Download <--- latest ive tested with IP S10e

untested with S10e XP 3.0.40 Download but should be working ...

regards KalvinKlein

Mikejay

Thanks. But do I need to update the BIOS in order to update the Energy Management software? All I want is to use the latest energy management software for my S10e. I am running version 3 but there is a version 3.0.3 that has better features.

So, my big concern is whether I can just install the minor Energy Management upgrade without a BIOS update.

Thank you again!

Mike

KalvinKlein

If your S10e work without flaws, you didnt need any updates , but if you want to update to latest BIOS , you need to update LEM too..

latest S10e BIOSa0 http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/14cna0ww.exe

be sure to read the readme before update BIOS , follow the instructions... http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/14cna0ww.txt

regards KalvinKlein

Mikejay

Okay. So, I can update the LEM software without a BIOS update, but not the other way around? In other words, if I update my BIOS, then I need the new LEM sottware, but I can update my LEM software without updating my BIOS?

The whole reason for this is that my version of Lenove Energy Management does not match the screen shots I see in the LEM help files ON THIS VERY COMPUTER. There are references to advanced features, such as sliders to adjuct CPU performance, that are not in my version of LEM. I want those features. They are supposed to be in version 3.0.3, which is a slight upgrade to what I am currently using.

As long as my computer won't suffer any performance issues, I want to upgrade the energy management software but not the BIOS (I am afraid that updating the BIOS will mess up the computer). But I would update the BIOS too if I can be reasonably sure there won't be problems.

Thanks,

Mike

802.11n
fiesta

Hey MikeJay,

So, to answer your initial question: Nope, not necessary to update BIOS aswell.

I do agree with your precautions since you have no flaws to refer to, no reason to stir the waters.

Make sure you get the correct driver that suites your OS bit wise as well.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers.html

Cheers.

Paper Tape
Mikejay

Thank you for your help! Just what I was looking for.

Also, I played around with my version of Energy Management and I realized that if I double click on the Power Options icons, then I see the sliders to adjust CPU performance. That wasn't so intuitive in the interface. But it's nice to know I can now have the slightly later version of the Energy Management software on my machine.

In the process, I also updated my ThinkVantage updater and then ran a check on my system. The only recommendation that came up was an optional one to update the Flash BIOS. Since that's optional, I'm not going to update the BIOS.

Thank you again!

Mikejay

Paper Tape
mestorm

Hi people I have a question about the topic. I have a Lenovo Y550P and have all the lenovo's software updates. But i have understood that the latest energy managment softwar have a new tool for battery manage that have two options:

1. Optimizing run time battery

2. Better battery status

But i have  Energy Management 4.4.1.2 installed and that one don't have that option for manage battery life time. So its posible to upgrade for other software version from other lab-top reference?. I need that option becouse I have  acquire a brand new battery and don´t want to waste it up so quick.