Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Radiodoc

Variable Screen lengths for S 10 *&* S10-2

Since Asus can do it - on their EEE701, why is Lenovo lagging behind?

I would sure like to see Lenovo come up with a "Scrolling" fix for the 1024x600 screen.

I've found several programs where it is difficult to access the "buttons" on a program which are hidden 99% by the Task Bar.

Yes I know that the taskbar can be moved out of the way - but I dislike that route - I'd like to see an Asus-type fix where one can select between 1024x600 & 1024x768 and an EASY way there & back again.

I'm surprised that Lenovo didn't do something about it - after all the Asus 701 has been out for a looooong time!

So - Lenovo - how about a fix???

I've got one S10 & TWO S10-2's in my house - as well as two T60p's and a R50e - so I'm mostly an IBM/Lenovo man looking for that "fix".

Token Ring
Steep

Re: Variable Screen lengths for S 10 *&* S10-2

Asus didn't do it, someone (more than one someone actually) in the eeepc community 'hacked' the Intel graphics drivers to allow for resolutions greater than the eeepc 701 was designed to show.

KalvinKlein

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome... first i agreed with Steep ... the little astray (for asus eeepc) is a user developed tool...

and a followup User tool named Netbook Resolution Customizer N.R.C. is no further developed ,

status Version 1.0 Beta2 Jan/10/2009 and its still buggy ...

you can  Download here ...

But no one can help you if you get trouble with this .. i wouldnt prefer this ... again its still buggy..

a "hacked" driver will help in some cases... but its still a "hacked" driver.. 

And overall this "NRC" will work only in XP ....

I simply dont use programs that need a higher resolution...i never understand, if we can choose a variable window size... why should a "bad program" need a fixed 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 ...

Good programed software will work in all resolution, or have matched version  for instance AntiVir or Acronis TrueImage 2010 Netbook Edition  ... thats the way software followed the hardware ... :smileyhappy:

sincerely KalvinKlein 

PS: if you have a proggy that let you not reach a choose button (its not necassary  to change the resolution)..you can try this tine tool  move me  ...

MoveME (tested on XP, may work on other versions). MoveME allows
you to RESIZE, MOVE and CENTER any dialog/window/form on
screen with easy key shortcuts. It even allows you to hide/show
the taskbar with a simple key combination.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want more ? For further information to get the most of your S-Class machine

Lenovo Energymanagement 

Backup

Windows 7 Driver 

Windows 7  Install

Clean XP Install

XP Startup

Small WebCam Guide

Lenovo Easy Capture

Resolution > 1024 x 576 / 600  Works with XP Only

Skaughtto

Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and my Canon camera software required resolutions of 1024x768 or better, so I  used the built-in generic "Digital Flat Panel 1280x1024" XP monitor driver. Doing that enabled screen expansion, everything installed smoothly and all my programs run fine at the native 1024x600 afterward.