Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
huadieuphong
Accepted Solution

WEBCAM PROBLEM

[ Edited ]

Hello Every Computer Pro,

Could anyone tell me how or where can I find camera setting in s10 so that I can inverse the side of the carmera's focusing screen. For example, when you open your webcam, your right face side  appear on the left hand side  of the screen. Does anyone knows and help me solve that problem?

Thank you a lot.

P.S. I try to download and update for the new version of the camera, but useless-doesn't work.

Is there any other program can support this s10 webcam? I try yawcam, it doesn't have option for side-inverse

Message Edited by huadieuphong on 02-27-2009 03:20 PM
Paper Tape
huadieuphong

Re: WEBCAM PROBLEM

There are no experts here for help with the webcam?

Token Ring
hpholm

[ Edited ]

huadieuphong wrote:

Could anyone tell me how or where can I find camera setting in s10 so that I can inverse the side of the carmera's focusing screen. For example, when you open your webcam, your right face side  appear on the left hand side  of the screen. Does anyone knows and help me solve that problem?

First try and hold something with printed text in front of the camera and save a picture, then you can tell if you still want to inverse the way it works. - A camera is how other people see you, not how you see yourself in a mirror.

Hans

Message Edited by hpholm on 01-03-2009 12:49 AM
Paper Tape
huadieuphong

useless reply, i want to know how to reverse, not to listen your idea.

secondly, i want to look exactly what i see in mirror, not the reverse side, so please answer the question. please don't tell me take picture and use program to reverse it. I don't need that answer, i know how to do it.

Paper Tape
brittonl

The support you get from forums is free, just like courtesy and good manners. You may find more people willing to help if you remember that.

I don't know of way to do what you need. My feeling is a built in webcam is not going to offer a great deal of configuration options.  However I have observed that Yahoo Messenger seems to be the inverse of MSN Messenger when displaying from the same webcam.

huadieuphong wrote:
useless reply, i want to know how to reverse, not to listen your idea.

daj
Fanfold Paper
daj

Lenovo should of included a basic webcam control app that included this feature, along with other effects.

Most external webcams (that plug into a USB) have software included that has the option to reverse the image.

I know creative webcams do. I can't think of any webcam effect software that has this option, and I've tried most of them.

Lenovo should design a basic app to do this, it wouldn't be that hard. 

Paper Tape
huadieuphong

[ Edited ]

Quote "However I have observed that Yahoo Messenger seems to be the inverse of MSN Messenger when displaying from the same webcam."

Quote "Lenovo should of included a basic webcam control app that included this feature, along with other effects.

Most external webcams (that plug into a USB) have software included that has the option to reverse the image.

I know creative webcams do. I can't think of any webcam effect software that has this option, and I've tried most of them.

Lenovo should design a basic app to do this, it wouldn't be that hard."

Those are what I REALLY expect to know, so I don't have to waste time on looking for the programs, which reverse the side of the webcam. The more time searching the program, the more I am disappointed, and the more I am getting angry because the installing and uninstalling after knowing the program doesn't do work (sometime my computer got frozen and had to format the whole system because of downloading the wrong program which contain virus. I didn't mean to be angry, I am very sorry for the first poster.)

Yeah, Creative can reverse the side-looking of the webcam. I got one for my other computer as well.

Bottom line to finish this post is that Lenovo s10 doesn't have function to reverse the side-looking of the webcam, and there aren't any other programs which install in s10 currently can work it as well.

Thank you and I love you All.

Message Edited by huadieuphong on 03-12-2009 10:40 AM
daj
Fanfold Paper
daj

I found a  webcam program that has the mirror option, and many other effects. Link: http://webcammax.com/

it costs money, but you can use it for free still, it's just that the free version shows a watermark on the webcam image.

Instructions: After installing and choosing the source webcam, go to effects, click transform, and then Grids, then choose Mirror(3rd row down / 2nd option).  It will show the mirror image of you.  You can have the program start with Yahoo, Skype, or whatever client you use to chat with your webcam on. It works great, but it can be a memory hog.  Should work for you!

Paper Tape
huadieuphong

Oh yeah, thank you, it works. haha, you are the man.