Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Jolly-Star
Accepted Solution

WIFI connection not found on new s205

Hello,

I hope someone can help me....I just bought a new s205 laptop and it does not find the wireless connection in my flat. The wireless function is turned on on the laptop and it finds one other connection in the building but does not find my router.

I am using another laptop which connects to the wifi perfectly, and so do other devices, but my new laptop just doesn't even have it listed.

I have tried connecting it through an Ethernet cable which works fine, but I want to use it wireless. If  someone can help me work out the problem I will be very grateful - I have tried to find an answer in the other posts but I can't find the same exact problem. Please use basic terms as I am definitely far from expert :smileytongue:

Many thanks in advance!!!

Token Ring
witteks

Betreff: WIFI connection not found on new s205

Hi JollyStar,

Initially, you should find out, which WiFi card is built into your S205, as there are different ones used by Lenovo.

Once you have found out, try to find the latest drivers and install them after uninstalling the new ones.

-witteks

Paper Tape
Jolly-Star

[ Edited ]

Hello Witteks,

Thank you for your reply. How do I check which Wifi card I have? Also which drivers should I look for to uninstall?

Many thanks!

Community Moderator
yigit

switch the wireless button ( probably right/left side of your computer ) and press fn + f5 to activate the wireless.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
Jolly-Star

I have tried reinstalling the wireless LAN driver from the Lenovo website, and I have made sure the wireless switch is on and that it says its on when I press 'Fn F5'. It is still not working - so frustrating!!

Is there anything else it could be? It seems strange that it picks up someone else's router in the building but not mine. 

I have tried adding my router in directly in case it was just 'hidden' but that doesn't work either.

Kind regards, Jolly.

Community Moderator
yigit

re-install power management to fix fn key issue. then press again.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
Jolly-Star

Sorry for the confusion - the Fn F5 button works fine and it says the wireless network card is on but it is still not finding the wireless router connection.
Token Ring
witteks

Go to the Device Manager and open the Network devices.

In my case, there is a WiFi card called Atheros. Right click on the WiFi device and click on update Drivers. Then you will be asked, if you want to search for drivers. Select the one, to look for drivers on the web. That found the needed drivers for me.

If you see a yellow warning sign, you can basically do the same as described above.

Hope that helps,

witteks

Paper Tape
Jolly-Star

Issue Solved YIPEEEEE!! I called my ISP and after changing lots of settings I am now up and running wireless!

The problem was that my router was configured as WEP and apparently for lots of new computers this will not work, you need to be on WPA instead - as soon as I changed this setting it detected my router straight away.

Thank you for your time anyway - and I hope this solution will be useful for others =0)

Paper Tape
kafabih

still wifi problem in lenovo ideapad s205

[ Edited ]

guys..
Sory, ive got problem with my new lenovo ideapad s205..

I cant find any wireless connection...
I've turned on wifi switch, and press fn + f5, but the icon in under right corner in monitor still DOESNT WORK,...

How do i repair this wifi problem?

Note: fn switch is work.

Please send yur helping here.

Thx.