Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
robanob

Wont read new Ram card

Hi ive recently purchased a S10-2 running on windows XP. 2 days ago I purchased a 2gb ram card to replace the existing 1gb that came with it when i bought it last week.

Installed it all in properly with the help of a video. (thats the only thing im sure about what ive done).

when i start it up, it suggests I start it back to when the system last worked properly and 2 other options- Ive tried all 3 and cant get past that process, keeps reverting back to that page.

Some forums are suggesting something about checking BIOS,

would very much appreciate some tips as I have no idea what that is or where to check.

meanwhile I will go and look up what Bios means :-)

p.s

Ram Ive purchased is a

Zepto Memory DDR2 667MHz PC5300/2049MB

kind regards

Rob

802.11n
exscentric

Re: Wont read new Ram card

Bios is information that loads before windows to tell what is going on with the system.

To get into bios (I am not aquainted with youir machine) your book might tell you, if not try hitting the delete key as the computer first begins to boot.  If that doesn't work try F2, try F8 and F10 if 2 doesn't work.

When yoiu get to bios look around for a reset to default or restore defaults, then press F10 to save and exit.  That will pick up the memory if it hasn't already.

You should pop the new memory out and stick it back in to be sure it seats correctly.  Twice I've changed memory in netbooks and for some reason it did not seat correctly.

You might also try poping the new memory out and putting the old back in and be sure it works. 

Fanfold Paper
robanob

thanks very much

ill give it a go and keep you posted.

once again thanks

Rob

Fanfold Paper
robanob

tried all that you suggested, in the system utility F2, it shows 2047mg ram, im assuming it reads the card, however it still doesnt boot up- ive also tried restore default factory settings and saved (F10) and still nothing.

F8 and F10 nothing, I only get options F2 & F12

802.11n
exscentric

IF the old memory doesn't work either I'd see about getting some help from lenovo -- repair Monday if someone doesn't have a better idea.

Fanfold Paper
robanob

old memory works everytime i slot it back in- ill keep trying, thanks anyway for your replies