Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
queequeg
Accepted Solution

XBMC on ideapad S10?

Just got my ideapad S10 and am loving it.

The only problem is that XBMC doesn't seem to want to run.  It installs fine, but when I try to run it nothing happens, and it shows up in the task manager (consuming 40% of the processor) until I kill it.

Has anybody had success running XBMC on an S10?  If so, I would be very interested to hear how you got it to work.

Thank you.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
mising

Re: XBMC on ideapad S10?

I have it running on my 1st gen X-Box, which has way less resources (733 Mhz processor, 64 Mb RAM) than our S10s, so it should be able to run with out any problems. Have you tried to reinstall it? I will try installing it on mine and see what happens. Mike
Paper Tape
queequeg

Yeah, I've got it running on a couple xbox's myself, along with an old laptop with specs less than the S10.  Maybe something about the video/audio architecture on the S10 doesn't allow it?

I'm very interested to hear if you can get it running or not.

Thanks!

Punch Card
MonkeyDLuffy

Mine runs fine with the nightly builds.

http://sshcs.com/xbmc/

The reason why I'm not using the official release is because I have a Broadom HD Crystal minipcie decoder.  It works on all operating systems linux/osx/win7.

Good luck

Ctrl-Alt-Del
mising

I installed it a few minutes ago, and got errors until I downloaded and installed DirectX.  After that it runs great!

Paper Tape
queequeg

Sweet!  I'm running linux (Opensuse), and reading your posts let me know it was indeed possible for the S10 to run xmbc.  I dug around and found that the linux version of xbmc crashes if you use it on a computer without a cd/dvd drive if the version of the cd/dvd library (libcdio) is too old.  I upgraded and now it runs great!  I'm amazed at how nicely movies look on it.

Thanks for the help, this seems like an excellent community.  Loving my S10 even more now.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
mising

I have OpenSuse 11.2 on mine as well as Win7 and OSX and XBMC runs pretty well in all of them, but the best setup I have found for it is to boot to the Live version 

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/xbmc/XBMC%20Live/Camelot%20-%209.11/xbmc-9.11-live-repack.z...

from a USB flash drive.  If you use a large enough drive or create a partion on your Hdd, you can even save the settings.  :smileyvery-happy: