Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
willardiine

XP won't start after BIOS update

Hi,

I updated the BIOS to the most recent one (1ACN26WW) available in the Lenovo website. After the computer finished flashing the BIOS it restarted - but windows XP wouldn't start anymore. When I turn it on the BIOS menu appears followed by the option for rescue and recovery environment and the menu of the options for starting windows.

After choosing any of the different starting modes the XP logo pops in but after a few seconds a blue screen shows (too fast to read) and the system restarts. I used the rescue and recovery environment but after it tries to prepare the computer for running xp again it stops, restarts, and goes back to the situation above. Has any one had this problem with that BIOS version, or in general? Any ideas on what's wrong and/or how to fix this?

It's an S10-2 (2957) running XP, 1GB RAM 

Token Ring
witteks

Betreff: XP won't start after BIOS update

Hi willardiine,

did you try to reset your BIOS to defaults? Sometimes there is an offending BIOS setting from the previous BIOS, which makes the system hang with the newer BIOS.

-witteks

What's DOS?
sunilneelam

Re: XP won't start after BIOS update

u can choose OS options by pressing F8, and select option 'do not restart on system failure'.
this will allow you to read the blue screen of error. and report the exact error id here for help. 

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: XP won't start after BIOS update

make sure you change the settings for ide/sata settings in bios.

http://www.ki-themes.com