Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
PooBear
Accepted Solution

cannot install conexant audio driver

I updated the AMD graphics driver and it quietly update the HDMI audio driver. HDMI audio continues to work fine, but normal audio on the netbook has gone. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the conexant audio driver, but on reinstalling it said "error no device found" and refused to install !!!  

So now I can only hear anything if I connect the netbook to the TV.

I've tried intalling IN2AUD32WW5.exe and IN2AUD44WW5.exe but they just refuse to install.

I don't fancy backing up 500Gig of software and data and stating again. Any ideas?

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: cannot install conexant audio driver

have you tried to use windows restore?

http://www.ki-themes.com
What's DOS?
PooBear

Thanks, that worked :smileyhappy:

sameerbhan
Topics: 2
Kudos: 16
Solutions: 10

I would like to share with you that it might be because of driver issue.

To diagnose, I would suggest you to please install the hotfix of the sound driver from the below mentioned web link.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/ot/en/driversdownloads/Drivers_Show_1014.html

After that please reinstall the conexant audio driver, now check the issue. If you are still unable to hear the sound then I would suggest you to please install the audio driver manually.

Open the device manager, if there is high definition audio with yellow question mark, right click on that and click update driver. Choose the install from a list or specific location and then click on next. After that click don’t search and click on next, now click hardware type, Sound, video and game controller.

Now click on Have Disk button, and choose  Browse button, and then click  the Xp32 folder where you extract the audio file. Click Conexant High Definition SmartAudio221, and once the installation gets completed restart the Notebook .

Now check the issue if resolved.

Regards,

Sameer

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!