Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
wine

S10-2 onekey recovery not working... please help

Hi! I need help because i'm trying to format my laptop s10-2 but when I tried to use the OneKey Recovery, it only prompts me to create a back up to D:\ or through a cd.. I wont show an option whre i can totally reformat my laptop.. even when i try pressing the button beside power switch, it only opens the laptop as a normal thing of turning it on... PLEASE HELP....

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: S10-2 onekey recovery not working... please help

try to perform clean windows installation under windows: run okr > select system recovery > the system will reboot your computer.

if it doesn't work and if you have dvd-rom, burn recovery discs and use them, otherwise, contact lenovo support line.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Fanfold Paper
flak37

S-10 3s OKR and Partioning

[ Edited ]

I have a S-10 3s and wish to dual boot with Meego and Windows 7.

However I've come to read a lot about how partioning messes up the Lenovo OKR functionality ..

So before I continue I had a few questions:

1) Do these netbooks already have a factory backup image on the HDD which can be used for recovery (to restore to original state)? Do I absolutely have to create recovery discs to be able to use OKR, or can it use the factory image in question directly from the HDD ?? My D: (Lenovo drive) doesn't show any image files on it)

2)If such a factory image exists, is it possible to store a copy of it on my primary pc over my network (I have a wifi Homegroup) (without burning DVDs or using external HDDs) ?

3) If I go ahead with partioning, will the Quickstart (Splashtop) OS continue to work?

Would sure appreciate any help..

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: S-10 3s OKR and Partioning

1- yes, they have backup image on hdd. just in case you should create recovery discs. there's a partition for system backup which is hidden.
2- no, you can't store on your network unless you use windows restore. if you want okr, you have to use dvd or external hdd.
3- if the installation doesn't go wrong ( and if it doesn't effect boot files ) you'll be able to use quick start.

What's DOS?
akadkhodaee

OneKey Recovery and NOT RESPONDING message !

Dear friends,

I have a Lenovo ideapad S12 nVIDIA. Since it have been used for 1.5 year, I wanted to reinstall the windows 7 on it. Since I don't have any recovery disk and also any CD or DVD for the Windows7 was not included in the package, I tried to create its recovery disk through the "Onekey Recovery" program. Unfortunately, by completing the writing of the first of three DVDs, I see a Not responding message for the "Onekey Recovery" program. I have tried it three times with closing all unneeded programs but it happened again. 

Please help me what should I do now!

Regards

Amir

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: OneKey Recovery and NOT RESPONDING message !

backup your datas to external hdd or usb, shut down your computer and press one key recover button to perform clean windows installation. after that, you can try to burn recovery discs.

( it's possible that you can't burn recovery dvds due to software issue )

Fanfold Paper
Tmanishere

Re: disk partioning and one key recover feature

I recently purchased a S205.  I'm reading up on the OKR feature.  If I burn Recovery Disc from OKR, would I be able to use it to install Windows 7 on a new hard drive?

I want to know what I need to do to do a clean install in case I swap in a new hard drive.  I keep reading about making mirror image of the drive, but I haven't found a very easy instruction on how to do that.  I prefer to do a installation off a dvd or cd if that's possible.

OKR function (partition) is not so important to me, but I would also like to know if there's a way to install OKR feature after a fresh install.

Community Moderator
yigit

use easeus disk copy. okr should work after if you clone the hdds.
www.easeus.com/disk-copy

Fanfold Paper
Tmanishere

That software looks useful.  Thanks!

I guess you recommend the mirror method.  So, my next question for you experts is:

If I'm going to mirror a drive, would it be best for a newb to use hard drive docking stations like

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817707171&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=1...

so I can do the operation from Windows OS?  Or am I wasting money doing this?

Fanfold Paper
Tmanishere

Re: OneKey Recovery and NOT RESPONDING message !

After going through OneKey Recovery steps, I'm having the same issue with mine also.  The software gives me Not Responding message after finishing to create the first disc.  I talked to technical support and this guy told me to make a Backup Disc first and I should be able to make Recovery Disc afterwards.  This did not make any sense, but I'm doing this anyway.

It's really frustrating that I can't make the Recovery Disc easily.  This should be a basic function with any system being shipped out to customers!  FYI, I'm trying to use DVD-R to create Recovery Disc.