Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
Tmanishere

Re: OneKey Recovery and NOT RESPONDING message !

To top it off, the tech said that they DO NOT make recovery disc for our netbooks.  Is this true?  Or was this guy full of "you know what?"

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: OneKey Recovery and NOT RESPONDING message !

lenovo doesn't provide recovery discs for free, if you want to buy, you can call lenovo support line and order.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Fanfold Paper
Tmanishere

Re: disk partioning and one key recover feature

Yeah.  After going through several phone calls, I finally got a technical support I needed.  They charged me $59 for the Recovery Disc.  I feel like they shouldn't be charging me for this disc especially when I can't burn one, but maybe that's how Lenovo lures people into buying their Recovery Disc and charge people additional $59 for the purchase of the laptop.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: disk partioning and one key recover feature

sorry, there's nothing i can do about it.

Blue Screen Again
mmosbey

Create factory only restore disks on S10?

I have an S10 running windows, and of course, I have Lenovo One Key Recovery installed. It appears that recovery disks created by One Key Recovery contain my whole system state - a full backuo. I'd like to burn fewer disks by burning only the data needed to recover to factory settings.

I know I can do a restore to factory settings, then I can create recovery disks. It seems like there should be an easier way. Is there?

Fanfold Paper
Tmanishere

Re: Create factory only restore disks on S10?

One Key Recovery 7.0 includes an option to make factory setting recovery disc.  I never got the burn function to work right.  Your milage may vary...

Community Moderator
yigit

[ Edited ]

you cannot create recovery discs to recover only for datas you need.
if you are asking factory backup, you can create for discs. the easiest way is to use one key recover button ( shut down your computer and start-up your computer by pressing okr button. if you need, the system will be installed from hidden okr partition. )

edit:typo 

Paper Tape
galland

Is there a wiki for creating a back-up set of disks? Can a USB stick be set up with a back up image? Will it work?

In the meantime i created a backup image after removing bloatware and installing the few programs i want to have and stored it on the d drive. i then copied the image to a network hard drive. Does anyone know if this will work if i have to restore the system?

Also, i created a Chrome OS usb stick and that seems to work fine so it could be used should i be traveling and need to have internet access after a crash. Any comments?

Community Moderator
yigit

as i remember, you can select/load recovery files from external hdd. but you may have some issue if you prefer to use network hdd.

Paper Tape
manuel-74

OKR factory recover with OEM partition only?

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I want to perform a full factory reset using OKR (or whatever) but all of my partitions are deleted instead of the OEM partition which is switched from ID 12 (OEM) to ID 7 (NTFS) and made active so the included Windows is starting up showing me some green grass and a command prompt but no recovery option.

Any ideas?

My device is an IdeaPad S12 (2959).

Kindest regards from Berlin

Manuel

edit:

Fixed it by myself using Universal USB Installer (Universal-USB-Installer-1.8.5.7.exe) and Parted Magic (pmagic-6.3.iso) instead of the DISKPART command line crab. Created a primary partition formatted with NTFS and set the flags boot and diag for the OEM partition.

moderator edit: posts merged