Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
hosseinr13

Re: S10e Onekey Recovery does not work

Yes, there are two volumes: C:\ and D:\ which I made the latter by myself right after I bought the netbook (actually I asked the Lenovo retailer to do that for me). He then told me the hidden partition is there in C:\. Now that I use PTEDIT32.EXE which is suggested in the forum, there are 3 partitions in its list with the type numbers 7, 27 and 7 respectively.

You know, the OKR functionality is not the same as what you and others described in the forum.

Thanks again...

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: S10e Onekey Recovery does not work

if you change the partition table, we can't help you.
you need to install windows by using microsoft provided dvd/usb

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
What's DOS?
sbr68

One Key Recovery - How to reinstall OS

Hi, I have a s10-3t ideapad. When I bought the netbook it came with Windows XP and I downloaded an upgrade to Windows 7. Now I would like to restore it to its factory settings. If I do that will it remove the OS? If not will I have Windows XP or 7? If it does remove the OS, is there any way I can reinstall it? The netbook does not have a disk drive, so would I need to somehow get a copy of windows on a flash drive?

Thanks for the help!

KalvinKlein

Re: One Key Recovery - How to reinstall OS

Hi

as Factory Settings with OKR says it clears whole Harddrive and set os as your ever first start , when you bought the machine..Create Factory Disc with OKR   that needs a optical disc burner .that should be done before upgrade to win7 ...

..could be possible that OKR will not work,in time you if you install Win7 over XP , win7 changed bootcondition , so that OKR didnt work, could happen..

regards KalvinKlein

yigit

Re: disk partioning and one key recover feature

What's DOS?
cassie

i know if i change volume partition, we can't use OKR.My question is

1. If i use latest version update OKR from support.lenovo, will it work?

2. if i install windows from usb, can i use previous product key (which written at under netbook) to get original windows? 

i know it's foolish :smileyembarrassed: , but i hope to not pay for my original windows if i can (LOL)

thanks for answer. :heart:

Community Moderator
yigit

- you can update okr but my suggestion if you don't have any issue, avoid updating.

- you can use windows serial to activate the windows but you may need to call microsoft.

Paper Tape
SpitFire

Hi All. 

What will occur if I'll remove all hidden OKR partititions (I want to clean my HDD from OKR) and further will press hardware 'OKR' button on my S205 ?

In some user's comment of Lenovo S205 review I read it can brick my laptop? Is it true? Please disprove this rumor.

Community Moderator
yigit

your computer will start normally as power button and you won't brick your computer, just the okr system. you won't be able to use it if you delete/make changes on volumes.

Rus
Paper Tape
Rus

XP Recovery Discs Help

My Lenovo S10 netbook with Win XP:

Using One Key Recovery 7.0 I’m trying to create a Factor default recovery disc but I’m getting this message:

This program cannot find the service partition. This function is currently unavailable.

Can anyone help me?