Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
paynes1
Accepted Solution

new S205 - battery charging

I have just bought an Ideapad S205.  With the power lead plugged in the battery icon keeps showing 50% available, (plugged in,not charging).  Is this right?

Should the battery be charging whilst the computer is running?

Any help/advice appreciated

Thanks

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: new S205 - battery charging

hi paynes1.
yes, it should be charging while the computer is running.

can you try to remove/replace the battery first?

http://www.ki-themes.com
Punch Card
Squeeky

paynes1

Go to Start -> All Programs -> Lenovo -> Energy Management -> Power management options.

Start the program.  Look at the summary at the top.  Does it say "Best Battery Health" next to the blue gear icon?  If so, this will limit the charge on your S205 to 50% (but your battery will last longer ... overall battery life, that is).

If you want to change this, select the gear in the lower right, and when the new menu appears, select "Optimize For Battery Runtime."  This will enable your battery to charge to the full 100% (but your battery life will be shorter).

Paper Tape
paynes1

Squeeky

Found that, thanks for answering.  If i want to use the computer for some time using the battery, how do I make sure that I charge the battery fully?

Also, I have just bought the Ideapad from a retailer in the UK (PC World). It was the display unit, and I discovered when I tried to register the unit that it had already been registered in September 2011 and I could not register or change the warranty.  I tried phoning Lenovo which was expensive and a waste of time.  After speaking to 7 people the result was that i should email Lenovo and explain the problem - unfortunately no one could give me an email address that would definitely work.  I tried a couple of suggestions, but I'm not convinced.  Does anyone on the forum have any suggestions please?

Thanks

Community Moderator
yigit

you'll need to change the settings again (optimize for battery runtime)

about the warranty, do you still have the receipt?

Paper Tape
paynes1

yigit,

Yes I have all of the receipts, but no one to inform.

Community Moderator
yigit

have you tried to contact support line?
(if it doesn't help, please, post back the results)

Paper Tape
paynes1

Yigit,

Unfortunately, I have spoken to 7 different people on various phone numbers in the UK and noy been able to get any help.  No one seems to know who should be sorting this out.  That was why I was trying to get an email address that might work.  I don't know why Lenovo find this so difficult, all I want to do is sort out my registration and warranty.

So far their customer services has proved useless, which is a shame as the Ideapad seems great.

Retired Employee
lak_sg

Hi paynes1,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the warranty registration.

I would like to see if I can help with the matter.

I've sent you a request for additional information via private messaging.

Let me know.

thanks!

lak_sg

WW Social Media

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!