Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
sansingal

Re: ram upgrade does not work on s100

Thanks for your reply Team Lenovo. I have visited the lenovo service centre on 23.08.2011 for BIOS Upgrade. however they have told me that since my netbook is a new model therefore currently they dont have any bios upgrade. i have also reported this to the lenovo support via email. Now what should i do please?

Community Moderator
yigit

you should wait for bios update.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Blue Screen Again
sansingal

Till date no BIOS update? Whats going on? How much time should i wait?

Community Moderator
yigit

i have no idea.
ps: i don't work for lenovo.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Blue Screen Again
sansingal

well the previous problem didnot resolve and now facing another peculiar problem. The problem is that even after turning off the netbook, the usb stick LED continues flashing indicating that it is still being assessed, even after turning off the netbook. In order to solve the problem, I shut down my netbook, disconnected the power cord of the adapter connected to the netbook and then took out the battery for a minute and reseated the battery back and then rebooted. It seemed that the problem got solved. However again after two days it the problem has again surfaced. I suppose the problem is that the usb ports are not being shut-down properly and they still have current or the current might be leaking through the usb ports, even though the netbook has been shut down. However as such when i login windows and assess the usb flash drive or hard-disk it works absolutely fine as data can be assessed. Further i called an electrician to check the earthing problem of the power outlet to which the power-adapter of the netbook is connected. However it is properly earthed. The problem remains as it is. It seems that the machine needs BIOS update.

Blue Screen Again
sansingal

well the motherboard was found to be faulty. got the motherboard changed and now the netbook is working fine with 2GB ram.

Community Moderator
yigit