Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
mms72188

s10-2 keyboard issue

[ Edited ]

the letter d is repeatedly either striking on its own or when i press another letter close to it, esp. c & g. also some of my keys are sticking. how do i fix?

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: keyboard

change settings in control panel > region and language > in the keyboard tab.
( re-set usa or uk as default )
ps: please, post your lenovo model too.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Paper Tape
mms72188

that didn't do anything

i have the s10-2

Community Moderator
yigit

test your keyboard under quick start. if the issue persists, you may need to replace the keyboard or the button.

call lenovo support line and ask for replacement for free if you have valid warranty.

What's DOS?
gtthilak

Re: s10-2 keyboard issue

My model is Lenovo s10-2 and a letter is keeping on pressing by it self & once this happen i couldn type letter A. I have use on screen key board for this.. pls give the solution for this...

What's DOS?
gtthilak

A - letter is typing by it self.. pls give a solution

Community Moderator
yigit

can you make sure the button is not stuck?

What's DOS?
this_is_gav

I think this is an issue with a batch of the S205s. We recently bought 28 of them at our school and already 3 of the keyboards have this. No signs of any damage on any of the netbooks and given I've been told of a further 2 cases today, I can only guess the rest of the netbooks will also develop this issue over the course of the next few months.

In our cases, there's no beeping or complaints until you get to the Windows XP login screen and it fills the password box (I think the maximum password length is 127, at which point it starts the beeping). On the first laptop I thought it was a one-off software glitch, as pressing the backspace key to remove the characters from the password box (or indeed any key) seemed to temporarily fix it - no more beeping and no more key presses, however it also happens using a Linux live CD. Given that it sorts itself out after pressing another keys makes me suspect it's not a key issue as such, more something in the electronics of the keyboard.

Removing the keyboard and replacing it with another from another laptop fixes the issue, so I know the issue lies between the keys and the ribbon cable connecting it to the motherboard. If you put the original keyboard back in, the issue returns, so I don't think it's something as simple as a loose connection in the ribbon cable.