Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
Pipster
Accepted Solution

s10-3 bios update failure

I tried to install 2acn31ww. It did not work. System will not boot up. No error messages. Nothing on screen. No beeps or any other noise.

Is it recoverable or have I really killed the machine?

Paper Tape
mreckhof

Re: s10-3 bios update failure

What's DOS?
philmor

Hi,

method is not working for me. Does anyone know how to recover the bios on S10-3?????

Please help!

Community Moderator
yigit

contact lenovo support line and ask for replacement.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Punch Card
donvaz

Hi the same thing happened to me with my S10.  It went dead when trying to update the bios.

The only way around this is total motherboard replacement from factory.

What's DOS?
common72

S10-3 BIOS update failed - no warranty

We recently received two faulty Ideapad S10-3, where the internal 3G modem did not work.  One of our customers, who was going on business travel the same day, was promised a minilaptop with 3G functionality installed ready. As we did not have any replacement units incoming before the next day, we first tried a complete clean reinstall, checked all BIOS-settings and tried different SIM-cards. As a last effort, we decided to update the BIOS.

Big mistake. Half way through the BIOS-update, the computer shuts down abruptly. There was no indication of a power outlet, as we had several other laptops installing on the same cord. We can not see how we can have downloaded the wrong BIOS update, as it was a straight link from entering the laptops serial number. We also went back and checked this afterwards.

Our Lenovo support representative tells us that this is a user fault and not covered by the warranty. However, from reading similar posts on these forums, it seems that there are several cases where this has in fact been covered by warranty.

Are there different policies on this from country to country?

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: S10-3 BIOS update failed - no warranty

@ common72
try bios recovery as mreckhof suggested above.

What's DOS?
msalavea

so i contacted lenovo / " answering service on a calling cicuit in mumbai india" and was sent instructions on sending it in... though my waranty covers repair of what lenovo's bios update did..... will they also flash the bios with the update? initially i was flashing the bios with the update to go ahead and install more RAM wich most likeley voids the waranty, so i would like to know if the service tech's in texas are going to update my bios so i can install the new ram.

What's DOS?
msalavea

Re: S10-3 BIOS update failed - no warranty

as long as you didnt open the netbook or take it apart in any way, and the BIOS update was downloaded from the lenovo site it should be covered.... i am sending mine in today for bios flash failure.

Community Moderator
yigit

probably they will replace the main-board and also flash bios update. you should be able to install more ram without voiding your warranty but still, to make sure, call lenovo support line.
( warranty conditions may change by country )